Her Silenced Voice *ch. 32*

I went in and my heart stopped. What I previously thought was an empty bed, there laid a woman's figure. Her body laid comfortably in the fluff of the comfortor. The coral sheet was pulled down to her back, her soft ombre curls spilled over her bare back. 

I let my jaw drop.

Her eyes fluttered open and milky white eyes looked up at me. A sad smile was aimed in my direction. "Chance, sweetheart. What's wrong?"

I let out a breath. She was about my age, maybe a year older. "Chance?"

The door swung open and Chance ran in, out of breath and wheezing. "Beth!" He yelled. I turned to run.

"There's an intruder in the room!" I heard her gasp. As I swung the doors open, I turned to see her holding the blanket to her chest as she sat up. "Chance!" She looked around the room as if she could sense me.

Putting a foot over the railing, I saw Chance run towards me, but struggled with comforting this blind "Beth" who laid nude in bed. I jumped over quickly, tumbling over onto the plush grass. Thank god for rich people and their need for squishy grass.

From above, Chance looked over from the railing and I shook my head as I pushed myself up from the grass. Running towards my exit, I turned to see the shades blowing in the wind.

Chance was already in love.

~

'No way.' I seethed as I angrily signed to my mom, 'He's not coming with me.'

"No. I need to know that my sweet Evelyn won't be harassed by those immature teenagers."

Chance smiled at me sweetly as if yesterday didn't happen.

'No.' I shook my head for extra emphasis, 'I refuse. I don't want a stranger to peep over my shoulder.'

"You know, when you're married, you'll look back at that one day and laugh." She pat my cheek, "Now off you go. I'm really busy."

When we were in the car, I crossed my arm and sat across from Mr. Douche bag, but greatfully enough, he stayed on the opposite end. 'I don't want you following me.' I demanded with my hands. He looked over at me, seeing me sign and raised an eyebrow as if he couldn't care less. He yawned and shrugged before looking away.

Rolling my eyes, I whipped out my laptop. Typing my words down again, I kicked his shin. He looked over at me and sneered, "What makes you think you're important enough to follow?"

I typed again, 'If you come close, I'm calling Rape.'

He got up and stood over me in the limo. "Then I'm going to do it day after day after day and soon, no one will believe you. Not even your brother. You see, no one trusts a liar." He looked me up and down, "And I'd sure love to hear you scream because of me."

'That might explain why the only person who loves you is Beth, and she's blind. She can't see you break promises and come onto other girls. You're a coward.' I typed down. Ineffectively conveying the venom.

His face contorted into a face of anger. I felt that if I had said it, he would have become violent, "Don't talk about her like that. You wouldn't understand."

'Of course I don't.' I typed, 'I never said I did. I only told you what it was on the surface and it's not really pretty is it?'

"If I see you at school." He seethed. I crossed my arms before typing, 'What? What can you do?'

"I'll make it hell."

'What, you don't think I can't make it hell for you? Ouran is my home. And my mom, your mom, and the public? Do you think I won't go to them because I'm afraid of being called a 'snitch'? Because  you don't think I won't go to the public and tell them that Chance Pennington can't stand his wife so he's turns into a big bully? You tell my mom and I'll tell my mom. You tell your mom and I'll tell your mom. It'll be a mutual relationship. Or we can both act like love birds in front of them and once we're married, you can keep your little mistress while I do my thing.'

"I like the sound of that." He said, "A wife who doesn't care of polygamy....but, that deal only comes with one request." He sat down, "You shoot first."

I flipped a stray lock of hair behind my shoulder, 'Gladly.' I typed.

When we reached the school, Chance and I walked in two seperate directions and on two seperate pathways. 

"Hey!" a lot of people stoped as they realized who I was. There were many double takes and surprised faces. I heard a lot of comments such as: "Evelyn!" and "Oshiro's back you guys" and "Whoa! Isn't she a Worthy? Wasn't she a scholarship student?" and "Throwback!"

I smiled and I laughed silently until I cried, but eventually, I had to get to class. Couldn't seem like a slacker on the first day back. I at whoever came in and I tried to communicate to those who didn't know sign language through charades, but only 5 girls and 3 guys were willing to play the game until the bell rang. 

"Punching? No, no, no! Eating!"

"No, stupid, she's cleaning her ears with a Q-tip!" 

"Evelyn tell them that you're doing the chicken dance."

I could have cried, but I didn't. I was just happy to be back at school. And then Chance walked in. My smile faltered- same class? Really? I looked up at the group and saw a familiar face that made my heart jump. "She's singing." Kyoya said as he passed, giving me an uncaring glance before meeting up with the teacher at the door. 

I turned and vigorously nodded at the group. One of the girls, Morgan, whisled, "Wow, I thought you and those in the host club were close, but did something happen?"

I shook my head. We're still friends. I swear it. We just can't be as close as we were before. I pointed to Kyoya and then to me and I pulled two thumbs up. 

Claire hugged me and said, "Gosh, I would have been worried if it wasn't the case."

I hugged her back. Me too.

~

The bell rang and our first break begun. Like a routine, people went to go get their tea and those who ate brunch went to snack on their little inbetween the breakfast and lunch snacks. And those who were spoiled and rich and bored.....they went to the host club.

And who suddenly became rich and spoiled with too much time on their hands? 

I smoothed my skirt as I walked down the halls alone. The nostalgia kicked in and I closed my eyes. I could hear the song of tranquility in this school and the chaos of it's deceit. The sound my my heels clicking against the marble resonated through the halls gorgeously and I couldn't take it anymore.

Why was I even walking? I hoisted up my skirt and I kicked off my heels. Grabbing the pair in one hand and my skirt in the other, I planned to run the rest of the way.

I was a spoiled rich kid who needed tending to.