Her Silenced Voice *ch. 20*

I went by her bedside.

And as I took her hand, I knelt down.

Her eyes closed just as they would if she were to wake any second now. The only way for me to break the curse over my little sister was by telling her the truth. The whole truth and nothing but the truth.

'Evelyn,' I mouthed, 'Evie, my wonderful sister,'

Placing her small delicate hand on my cheek I started mouthing, wanting my voice to be heard, 'Wake up so I can tell you,'

Golden hair splayed around her like a halo and I closed my own eyes at the peace she looked ready to succumb to for the rest of her life.

'Evie, I have something to confess,' I tried saying, seeing this as all my fault, 'That night. That brilliant night I finally decided to sing with you, it was my fault,'

But without the noises, everything I silently mouthed sounded fake.

I paused, hearing nothing but my breath and hers

Then, I heard voices, "Nekozawa? What are you doing here?"

I squeezed her hand and stood up, kissing her forehead, 'Wake up,'

Studying her again, her face was still and the door opened, "Ace?"

I looked up to see the infamous Host Club.

'Suoh,' I mouthed silently in disdain, straightening, 'I'm about to leave,' but I highly doubt he got what I was trying to tell him.

Passing by, I went to Nekozawa.

He looked down and said, "I'm sorry,"

'No,' I signed, my shoulders slumped, 'It's all fine, I can't stand being right there while she's like that,'

Nekozawa and I didn't say anything for the rest of the time.

~Haruhi's Pov~

"What was Ace doing?" Tamaki said, slightly dumbstruck at the idea that Ace was visiting his bed ridden sister.

I grew sort of irritated, seeing Evelyn in the hospital bed as Tamaki asked that question.

"She's his sister! Evelyn is his family" I said, "Stop being such a thick person!"

"Haruhi?" Tamaki asked, my attitude startling him.

I sighed and calmed down, "I'm sorry. Just seeing her like that...." walking over, I touched her hand and said, "She was being bullied and we didn't noticed. She was scared and we didn't notice. She was upset and we didn't notice. We were so self absorbed that we didn't notice anything,"

Everyone was quiet, and I said, "We now are probably more concerned about how we have to cancel the appointments registered for her, find a new model for the fashion show, find a new theme. She was okay with that anyways,"

"Haruhi, we...." Hikaru said, "We were her friends too,"

"Yeah," I said, "And look where her friends got her!"

"She wouldn't want us to blame ourselves," Kyoya said, "We need to move on. She wouldn't want us hanging over the bedside like this,"

"Don't talk as if she's dead!" Tamaki said.

"Whoa!" Hunny said as he was set atop Mori, "Don't fight! She wouldn't want that either!"

"She...." I said, then sighing, I said "Whatever, I have something to do, I'll be leaving first,"

Turning around to leave, no one stopped me.

What would she want? Who are we to understand and assume what she wants? But one thing is for sure, Kyoya was right. She'd want us to go on. She'd want us to keep on going.

But if that were the case, I'd also be hurt. If I woke up, and everything is as it should be. The suns shining, our guests are happy, we're laughing.

I'd begin to wonder if I was ever missed. If I made a difference to the people I was near.

Evelyn. We were friends, I thought we could talk about everything.

No filters, you had said.

Or how else would I get to know you?

They exact words Ace had said to me once.

I was going to go to Allen and I was going to find out what happened.

A/N: This one happened to turn out exceptionally short.

Sorry for the wait.