Her Silenced Voice *ch. 10*

~Evelyn's Pov~

Arriving at the classroom, I told Jake and Kai to stop skipping school. Only when they left, I looked for a spare seat.

Students were filing around the classroom and usually we could choose our own seats but no one moved around because to come in planning to sit in your previous seat and having some tell you that you were to slow....didn't make good business.

But today was different, I was too much of a coward to face Kyoya and Suoh....so I took a seat in the back.

I noticed a pair of feet stop in front of me as I looked up, a girl with light brown hair and blue eyes stared at me in confusion. After a moment I realized she was sending me a message.

I was in her seat.

"Uh, um....." I stammered for an excuse. She bit her lips and said, "Aren't you the one who sits next to Tamaki and Kyoya?"

I opened a mouth, as if expecting an excuse to roll off my tongue, but of course it didn't so I said, "Ah, yes....um, can I switch seats with you?"

The light in her eyes ignited and she said, "Really? I can?" I suddenly gained confidence, she either liked Kyoya or Suoh so she wouldn't mind sitting next to them.

"Of course! Just this once, can I just....sit here?" I pleaded.

"Of course, of course," she sang happily, leaping up to the front of the class.

Sighing, I leaned back and lifted my face up to face the ceiling. Slouching I placed my arm over my eyes and groaned.

"You look as if you're having problems, madam," I heard, the voice was slightly amused. I jumped up and looked at a guy cloaked in black, the pitch black aura that hung around him.

But most of all, the cat puppet on his hand caught my attention. I glanced up at the black hair and shadowed eyes. "Excuse me?" I asked, not processing his question fast enough.

Then realizing what he said, I laughed lightly, "Sorry, um, no, just tired is all,"

He sat down to the seat next to me and I searched for his eyes in the dark shadows cast by his hood. "Um...." I said, almost a bit rudely. Why does he hide his eyes?

"You're Ace's sister right?" I smiled, giving up on finding his eyes, the reason for the intimidating aura and the black cloak made no sense what but talking to me was good enough.

"Um, yeah, glad you noticed," I answered, content that he knew who I was by looking at me. Ace's sister. I represented someone I loved.

"You're brother helped me," he said looking to the front. I turned to him and cleared my throat, "What?"

"He liked to come around and hang out with us even though we're-" a squeak from the front of the room.

We both turned turned to see Suoh and Kyoya at the front of the class. Suoh seemed to be more fixated on the stranger than he was to me and it seems that he was....scared.

"Um," I said, I looked at the puppet in his hand that I'd forgotten, "Is Suoh scared of puppets?" I asked. He looked up front at Suoh and his black aura seemed to seethed in revenge and Suoh shrunk back.

Chuckling, I said, "I see now...Is there a reason why he's scared of you?" He turned to me and said, "He's cursed by Beelzenef," holding up the cat puppet.

I smiled, suppressing another wave of giggles, "Why would that be?" Still glaring up ahead at Suoh, He said, "He stepped on Beelzenef,"

I pursed my lips and said, "So you're interested in the occult?"