coming out - Sanders sides + reader

Im going to have Patton help you come out, since I already did a Patton one but everyone else doesnt know

Pronouns: they/them
Rundown: Patton helps y/n bake a non-binary cake (nb inside colors, outside is just plain vanilla) and they serve it to the rest of the sides.

/Y/n pov\
God I'm panicking. I'm not ready for this. Patton finishes writing "Surprise!" on the cake before noticing my distress.

"Hey, hey, hey, you're ok! They're going to support you no matter what. There's no need to worry about this." Patton rushes over and gives them a large hug, attempting to calm their intense nerves.

"Patton? We're home!" Roman calls out from the front door, and y/n squeaks and hides under the counter. Patton frowns before putting the cake to the side. He pushes it behind a knife holder and helps the boys with the takeout. Janus and Virgil descend the stairs, a feral Remus not far behind. Thomas takes out his headphones and looks up from the couch. Logan thanks Patton, looking around for something, or someone.

"Where's y/n?" He asks Patton, and y/n acts like they've been washing their hands.

"I'm here, I'm here." They give Logan a small smile. They hand him the plates, grabbing some cups as well.

//--- after dinner ---\\

"Now, everyone, y/n has something important to tell you." Patton's voice immediately quiets the chatter by the dinner table, and gives y/n a warm smile and a nod, before bringing them to the kitchen. He gives them a pep talk, hands them the cake, and gives them a light push.

"Uhm... Patton helped me make this cake." Their voice stutters a little, and places the cake down with shaky hands. Virigl notices this, being anxiety and all, and looks at them with confusion and worry. Their eyes hold nothing but anxious thoughts and deep thought of what could happen. Patton's hand reaches their shoulder, making them flinch at his touch.

Roman grabs the knife, holding one hand out to keep Remus away from the knife and from destroying the cake. Roman cuts it equally, and grabs a slice. He pauses, staring at the inside of the cake.

"Roman? You good there buddy?" Thomas's hand waves in front of Roman's face, snapping him out of it. Roman looks towards y/n, who was frozen. He gets up, and engulfs them in a hug. Thomas and Logan, being the ones closest to Roman, peered at the cake before understanding the message. Virigl, Remus, and Janus crowd aroud the cake.

"Well, that was definitely expected." Janus fixes his hat, and joins, reluctantly, in the hug. Remus is about to jump on the hug pile, but Virigl stops him and pretty soon everyone is surrounding y/n. Their face turns redder as tears leak out, a smile already formed on their face. They were so glad to have friends like this.

HAPPY GAY MONTH DAY 15 EAT DRINK SLEEP BYEE <3