Chapter thirty four

A slight breeze of stillness passed for a mere moment in the mansion as soon as Taehyung and Jungkook stepped their feet at the door of it. Hand in hand and much for Jungkook's anger and frustration, they stayed there for a while as if their legs were fidged there. A pair of  wide and tired eyes looked back at them in utter suprise that even the newspaper in his hands fell effortlessly from his hand.

Jungkook hated the idea of coming there, having his father in sight or just stepping in the house to call back all of his sorrowful childhood memories, but it was all because of the hand that was caressing his palm and the chocolate soft orbs that gave him an encouraging look that he stayed.

He saw how his father's lips curved into a small smile as he finally composed himself at the blantant shock of seeing his son and son-in-law appearing unexceptedly at the door.

"Oh my, what a surprise guys!" Mr. Jeon exclaimed as he let his legs guiding him to the door to greet the two even if he knew they would come in anyway.

"We always have time to see you father" Taehyung smiled widely, giving his signature hug to his very much delighted father-in-law.

"What a pleasure, i must say i missed you two very much" the elder chuckled, giving his full gaze to Taehyung—he seemed hesitant to meet Jungkook's eyes, who just stayed still as if he was forbidden to voice a word. But not much for his luck, Taehyung squeezed his hand, almost elbowing him to at least say something. Yeah, he has to speak.

As he was about to speak, his eyes went wide in utter shock as he felt his father's arms on him. He must admitted that it was so warm and so new to get the opportunity of his father hugging him, the warmth he badly dreamt to feel as a kid. The thought only made him feel enraged. "Glad to see you again, son"

Jungkook felt the sincerity in his words, but as he thought about it, maybe his father was only guilty to almost build an altercation between him and Taehyung. Because as far as he knows, the father he knew he had wasn't the type to consider his emotions, at all.

The hug lasted for just some minutes, but it made Jungkook so suffocated because he did want to stay like this forever, or because he wasn't just used to it. A single hum left his dry lips, his mind already creating a mess and he felt a lot of things that he couldn't register all at once. More to say, it was indeed very suffocating.

His father finally pulled away and Jungkook released the breathe he didn't know he was holding, they stayed there for a while, as if he was on a starring competition with his father. The old man's eyes were weary along with his age, still they were sparkling a thousands of feelings Jungkook couldn't apprehend. For once, just a mere second, he saw the thing he was seeking for in his father's eyes. The fondness, maybe it was love. Maybe. However, it all disappeared as he looked away and they finally proceeded to come in.

What now? Jungkook thought. In total honesty, he got absolutely nothing to say, let alone to do there. So all he did was looking at Taehyung as if he told him to save his helpless ass and start a random conversation just to kill the sweltering silence. Luckily, it seemed like Taehyung just read his mind.

"How are you feeling, father?" Taehyung asked smilingly as they took a seat, facing the elder. Jungkook was very content for the hand that were comfortingly holding his, Taehyung brushed his thumb on the back of his hand, making Jungkook feel much more at ease.

"I'm just doing great!" The old man exclaimed, finding Taehyung's sweet smile contagious. Judging from how blithe his words passed through his lips, he was indeed fine, however, Jungkook did obsevered him in silence and he saw how heartbreakingly weakning his father was. His hands were shacking slightly, he had grown much more grey hair than black, and the delightful grin didn't hide how his lips were trembling. His father has grown old, too old that Jungkook almost didn't recognize him.