Chapter thirty seven

"I'm not your biological father, Jungkook."

Those words were abrupt, unexpected and loud-ish just like a stormy thunder on a scary night through Jungkook's ears. Those words actually gave him the same fuss as a thunder, he was surprised, confusingly groggy. Those words startled him that he needed seconds, minutes, much more than a moment to comprehend what he just heard.

"W-what?" he asked as if he just misheard something his father was telling him. Jungkook felt his heartbearts getting uneven as a tickling sound of void stucked on his mind.

The following silence were almost unnoticeable since all Jungkook felt was how he let his body floating on a river of slight bafflement. His eyes were still wide and he found himself panting, too hard that he could beat an athlete after a long race around a whole country, not considerable. The tumult and the shock was unbeatably crushing and all of it was trucking on him profusely.

He studied his father's features closely while his composure remained froze, not bothering to blink as he waited. Waited to hear what he thought was misheared by himself. No, this have to be some lame joke to lighten up the mood, or just some prick, this can be anything but true.

Yet, once he heard a soft sigh from his father, while the elder's eyes sparkled from tears, all he got was a persuasion that he was wrong. Yes, he heard it right and yes his father just confessed that he wasn't actually the 'father'.

Then, Mr. Jeon narrated him everything. All the sentences made Jungkook drunk on his falsehood life, his ribcage getting tighter with every words. He just discovered that his biological father died when he was just five months old, the reason, he wasn't sure because his mind was suddenly blurry when he heard it. Mr. Jeon so then came to be his real father's employer, also, a lifetime friend along with Taehyung's father. Once the dead was gone, Jungkook's mother threatened to send the baby at an orphan. The woman wasn't very keen on her married life, the family wasn't in their greatest happiness and mostly, she wasn't very fond of the kid who, for her, happened to be only a mistake.

The Jeon family didn't have the chance to get a kid, that even after divorcing with his own wife, Mr. Jeon choosed to live on his own. However, once he heard what the woman intended to do, he couldn't just shut his eyes in peace, so he proposed to raise the baby himself since he couldn't just watch his bestfriend's beloved child being abandoned and alone in an orphan. The woman was only devoted on one thing, wealth, and the Jeons did have that. She agreed to let the kid be raised by someone else but she had to get something in return. It was hard, Mr. Jeon narrated, because he couldn't marry her nor leave the kid alone. So at the end, the deal was set and they pretented to be married and build up a family again. She claim to have her part on his wealth and he let her, as long as the baby stayed with him.

Mr. Jeon came to be inlove with the baby Jungkook, the kid was an angel, he said. They were pretty close only on Jungkook's childhood because sadly, as time goes by, the mother told the foster-father to stay away so the kid won't get too attached to someone who wasn't his own blood. It was heartbreaking but she was the mother and the kid's safety was his priority.

"I've always tried to raise you well as hard as i could, and i'm s-sorry if you didn't get the father's love and affection that-" a sob "you d-deserved. I wish, i-i really wished to be a r-real father for you"

As the elder sobbed beside him, Jungkook found himself smiling a little albeit his own tears falling uncontrollably down his cheeks. The confession didn't make him angry nor disappointed, if anything, he only felt one thing. Relief.

He wondered how can such an acknowkedgement didn't made him berserk, he didn't know why he felt so lighthearted. But the feeling was pleasant, his smile was bright and those tears were only from joy.

"I-i still have a picture of your f-father on my wallet, you know. Do you want to see it?" Mr. Jeon asked him after a deafening mere silence between them, Jungkook's smile got wider, which rather didn't match his glossy eyes as he grabbed the elder's hand.

"No, i'm okay" he said. He noticed the confusion on his father's eyes but then the elder nod in understandment. Everything felt okay. "Thank you, for everything"

Jungkook has ever been so sincere in his whole life.

"You're my son, you don't have to thank me for doing my duty"

"You're my father too, my real father"

The serenity was endearing at that very moment as the father and the son found themselves in each other's arms ever so naturally. Jungkook never thought that hugging his parent, his only one parent would be so warm like the safest haven ever. His head found its home on his father's shoulder as they let the peaceful stillness prevailing their space. Jungkook took a deep breathe, enjoying the safety of his father's presence. His old self will die from envy if he saw him like this.

They exchanged more words, they talked much more and it was the best thing that Jungkook found sharing with a person that he respected and trusted with all his heart. Their loud giggles and domestic talks could be heard through the hospital hall and it was welcoming.

"I wish i could meet her" Mr. Jeon chuckled as their conversation lead Jungkook to talk about his life in the United States and how he had met his girlfriend there.

"Maybe i can call her and we will visit you before you got released from the hospital" Jungkook came along with the chuckles too.

That made the elder's eyebrows rising up in surprise and confusion "you still talk to her?"

"Yes" Jungkook twitched a curve on his lips "we stayed friends after everything that happened"

"Do you still love her?"

Not sure.

"I have Taehyung now, so it doesn't matter"

Jungkook heard his father humming "feelings are powerful, son, never ignore what your heart truly want"

"I won't" still not sure.

"Jungkookie" Taehyung soft and deep voice welcomed Jungkook's heart with a skipped beat and wide smile as he stepped out of the room where his father, by now, was falling asleep after a long hours of talking.

Namjoon and Jin were no longer in sigh, resulting Jungkook to only find Taehyung waiting on a bench in the hallway with a small cup of cocoa in hand. His hair were ruffled everywhere, Jungkook felt bad to see the bag under his eyes and how his husband looked weak from exhaustion.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung continued, approaching the older with a slight hesitation, his voice filled with worry.

Jungkook didn't say anything, instead he put the younger into his arms and hugged him tight as if he was restraining Taehyung to not leave him alone.

"Thank you" he mumbled on Taehyung's neck, enjoying the addicting scent that only Taehyung owned.

"Why are you thanking-" a kiss.

Jungkook let his lips long with Taehyung's a little bit longer before letting them moving in sync and dance into oblivion. Taehyung gladly circled his arms on Jungkook's shoulder and let himself got drunk into the heavenly feeling of their lips tasting each other.

"I love you" Taehyung mumble immediately as they pulled away for fresh hair, which didn't last long since they kissed again. A voiceless way to express what their heart kept close deeply on the bottom of their heart.

They smiled at each other as they pulled away again. And right at that very moment of starring into his husband's pretty eyes that Jungkook knew, he was sure that from now on, everything will always be okay.

-------------------------------------------------------------

My week was really tough so i was so busy to write anything. I'm glad that it came to an end because i really missed writing those chapters. The way i wrote this one was a bit different, i noticed. But it was because of a certain book that gave me a good inspiration, so i found it pretty cool.

"Everything will be okay" haha *cough and devil laugh*

I don't know when i can update again since i'm a bit taken by my studies right now, but i wanna finish this book that much too. I'll just try to write if i have a bit of time.

Borahae 💜