Chapter thirty five

Jungkook couldn't stop the wide, almost childish curve on his lips despite the tears that threatened to roll down his cheeks from being too overwhelmed. He sat there in the couch, holding his mom's left hand when she's busy on the phone—Jungkook could have given attention to what she was saying to her assistant or whoever it was–but now, as he just stared at every features of her face, everything around him seemed silent.

His mother didn't change since the last time he saw her. She was still beautiful, her beauty doesn't fit her age, at all. She was like how Jungkook imagined her to be, well, if her once black and long hair is now short cut till her shoulders is not being considered, after all, her new haircut and haircolor suited her very well, the golden brown illuminated her face even more. She still has that firm, serious face but her voice was calm, soft and manipulating but that—Jungkook wouldn't decipher much.

A wave of nostalgia drowned him as he studied every single features of her, as if he was reviewing, remembering the image that he saved in his head and heart, if he could, he would count her every hair just to make sure she was still the same. Thankfully, what he has before his eyes is enough to conciliate his mind.

He didn't even realize she ended her call until her eyes met his, she questioned him with raised eyebrows making Jungkook's eyes smiling more than his lips could.

"Honey" she said, placing her right hand on Jungkook's as well. Her hands were soft, but Jungkook didn't have that detail in his memories "is everything okay?"

Are you feeling well?

"Yes mommy, everything's okay" he talked to her as if she was the moon goddess. Obedient, soft and respectful.

"I heard the company merged with the Kims? An idea of Jeon?" sarcastic.

"Yes, he made an arranged marriage" Jungkook didn't feel that irritated anymore as now that he talked about that famous arranged marriage, much to his own surprise. Well, maybe because things had changed and the person that he got married to is beyond the best human in the world, if not in the whole universe.

"What? with who? the Kims don't have a daughter as far as i know" she sounded annoyed.

"Oh i'm married with their youngest son, Taehyung" Jungkook chuckled "you know the boy-"

"Jungkook, honey, you're married to a boy?"

Jungkook looked at her with confused doe eyes, she asked as if she was offended, disappointed, as if Jungkook had comitted a crime, a sin.

"Yes, and we're getting along well, don't worry" he reassured, trying hard. She just shrugged.

The silence was uncomfortable, but Jungkook blamed it to the deserted house and his troubled mind, because it shouldn't be awkward with his mother, it never was.

"And who's that boy earlier? Jeon's new assistant?"

She did not mean to be rude, right?...right?

Jungkook felt an unseasy feeling inside of him as she just kind of i-n-s-u-l-t-e-d his Taehyung, but maybe she didn't mean to. God, he had hope it was the case, that she was just oblivious.

"No, he's actually my husband, Taehyung" Jungkook's heard skipped a beat, the butterflies on his stomach dangerously fluttering that he failed to fight the idiotic smile on his face just at the mention of Taehyung. It became so natural now to feel such things whenever he talks about his husband.

Though, his smile dropped as he met her mother's shocked and...disgusted eyes. She looked at him as if he had grown three heads.

"Him?" she voiced her distaste very well "honey, Jeon arranged a marriage for you with that boy?"