Chapter fourty-one

The clowdy sky hindered everything to escape the duskiness of the cold day, just like Taehyung's heart. His eyes wandered mindlessly through the window, admiring the beauty of the snow with a cup of untouched tea in his hand. It was as if he just wanted to warm up his hand with the hot beverage rather than enjoying its once pleasing taste, or perhaps it was the knot in his chest that also made his stomach to not want anything. It was cold everywhere, and Taehyung's soul was no different.

It's been two months that he was finally divorced. Oh how much he counted days and days back then to finally arrive at that moment, to be free. But once he got what he, months ago, longed with determined mind, now he got nothing but a broken heart from what he had called freedom.

It's been two months that he saw Jungkook for the last time, taking Taehyung's happiness and joyful heart with him and only the emptiness of his erased presence was left.

Was it for the best? Perhaps yes, they couldn't give each other the love that they truly deserved maybe, or truthfully, Jungkook couldn't just love Taehyung back. Since once he left Taehyung that day, never he saw him again. Two days later, Taehyung only received a signed divorce paper and scattered heart. It hurts, more than what he had anticipated before, Jungkook's absence was painful, harshly stabbing Taehyung's heart day by day. How fool is the one who said that time heals everything, since as time goes on and on, the pain that Taehyung felt did nothing but to deepen.

Tears rolled down his cheeks, it was actually a joyful day that Taehyung always cherished more than Christmas which happened five days ago, but it's been two months that Taehyung didn't find joy in anything anymore, thus made him sit alone in his room, locking himself from everything and enjoying the loneliness of his broken soul with his tears and devoidness. He barely met anyone, barely talked, his smile completely disappeared from his face nor his jubbly and enlivening self showed up again. But at least when someone was there for him, he never pushed them away.

"Hey" a gentle voice startled him from his blankness state, Taehyung wiped his tears hurriedly before giving a small smile, barely shown as a curve on his lips to his one and only comforting person "happy birthday Tae" Yoongi continued, sitting down beside Taehyung on the bed.

"Thank you" Taehyung mumbled, voice hoarse from his tears as he immediately made himself comfortable on Yoongi's embrace, lying his head on the older's shoulder. Yoongi was the remaining person he felt like home with, Jimin would come time to time, Jin and Namjoon would call or even be there to at least hug his loneliness away, but Yoongi still remained the only comfort he found warmer than anyone else's.

"Namjoon hyung called, he said that Jin's sad to not celebrate your birthday also" a bitter chuckle left Yoongi's lips "since you weren't even there for Christmas"

"I'll call them later and say sorry" Taehyung mumbled, burrying his face more on Yoongi's neck.

"Hey Tae" Yoongi's voice sounded hesitant, yet he seemed a little bit determined "you're leaving in a week, right?" a hummed was heard as Taehyung already found himself eathful that he might even fall asleep.

"You know it's breaking us to know that we can't even enjoy your last days here" that made Taehyung looking up and see the sparkling tears on Yoongi's sincere eyes. He cupped the older's face, feeling bad "and also, don't you think that Jungkook at least deserve a last goodbye?"

That made Taehyung pull away from the older's hold and sat up properly on the bed and hugging his knees, his tears already flowing down again.

"I know, but i'm scared" his trembling voice broke Yoongi's heart.

"Scared of what, Tae?"

"That he'll push me away, i don't want his rejection to be the last memory of him that i have"