Chapter fourty five

I understand

I understand

I understand

...No, i don't

Taehyung couldn't help his tears rolling down his cheeks as he walked through the sidewalks with too much in his head. His heart was aching so bad that it was caging his throat, making him stop by the bench. He didn't even realize he ended up in the park as he walked too far without knowing where because standing before a pregnant Mia welcoming him at him and Jungkook's once shared house was just way too much for him.

Taehyung hugged his knees as he cried his pain out silently, no one was there in the park and honestly Taehyung was thankful for that. No sound was heard but his sobs, the wind seemed to stop, the trees stopped waving their leaves, nothing moved, everything stilled, and Taehyung cried harder.

What really happened between those two years? Why did Jungkook move on from him this easily? Taehyung didn't blame him though, heck he couldn't when they didn't even talk about waiting for each other or not. Yet, he felt so stupid, so stupid to hope that maybe, just slightly, maybe Jungkook would love him just the same.

Wasn't that what he said before Taehyung left? Weren't they okay, didn't they kiss and said that they love each other? Yes they maybe did. But they also knew that it meant that they had to let each other go.

Taehyung tried to wipe his tears away as if that would make them stopping to form and moisture his cheeks. The serenity of the place hugged him to comfort himself and make his mind to accept the reality.

"So all this time it was over" he murmured, followed by a chuckle "bet he's happy to have a kid"

Taehyung closed his eyes, his tears had stopped but his heart still felt a bit much heavy but he told himself that it will go away. And he decided to sat there a little bit more, not caring about the world.

It was already hours later that he was finally able to calm himself down and decided to come back home. Jin and Jimin will surely scold him for not keeping his words on coming back before lunch but he didn't have the right mind to deal with that. His phone was buzzing too much on the way but he ignore them and shut it down.

He passed by a convenient store and decided to solace his heart with some ice creams before heading home. Taehyung wasn't the type to drink his pain away and get drunk until he won't remember anything, he'd rather choose to treat himself with sweet things and he's really proud of himself for that.

As he walked out of the store with his ice cream and some snacks with a little smile, at least he now know that he has to move on on his own and for now, his only way was to eat and maybe he can ask Jimin and Yoongi to join him and they'd watch a movie together. Speaking of them, Taehyung was a bit confused on why didn't they tell him anything about Jungkook and his pregnant wife? Are they even married though? But that doesn't matter because in either way, Jungkook moving on his all that Taehyung was thinking about.

A seemed to be lost in his thought when a sweet and ravishing smile of flowers caught his attention. He looked around and there was, indeed, a flower shop by the opposite road. The smell filled his nostrils and brought a smile on his face. He was about to cross over and go to the shop when someone walked out and Taehyung froze, his heart was beating too fast and his smile dropped.

He was there, standing by the door of the shop, on his phone, with a bouquet of red roses in his hand. There was something that changed in him that Taehyung couldn't really decipher but he was still wearing those dark, long sleeved and oversized clothes, yet Taehyung found him different. His smile was way wider, he got more handsome that ever too if that was even possible.