𝟐𝟒 | ...𝐓𝐨 𝐒𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡...

                  𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐂, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃

             𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐂, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃. But grey clouds still hovered, and the sky wasn't finished crying its last few droplets of rain.

There was no telling if her presence was a mere dream, a painted reality, or a piece of heaven after being beaten to death by a log, but Deena was willing to take her chances. She pushed off her slippery bare feet to hug her mother. Only this time, she didn't fall through. And her mother hugged her back.

With her comforting scent carried by the wind, Deena buried her face in her mother's chest. Her heart was beating. Her skin was warm. Her touch was real. There's no way this could be heaven or a dream, but real.

Alive and breathing.

This is real.

She kissed her dirty forehead, a touch she missed desperately. "You're alright, baby. You're alright. I'm here." Her mother coon, rocking her body like a baby before pulling away to check for injuries that were probably long healed by now. "Ça va? Es-tu blessée (Are you alright? Are you hurt)? Where are your shoes? Are you bleeding?"

Rain mixed in with her tears. Deena grew overwhelmed by her mother's sudden appearance almost identical but with different details from the dream she once had. "Tu es vivante (You're alive)," She ignored her mother's clear concern. "You're real and I can touch you. But...you're dead. How can I touch you if you're dead? You're supposed to be dead — murdered."

She stepped a few steps back, conflicted by her certainty. Dahlia murdered her mother. She admitted to her crimes, yet her mother stood visible before the eye. Lively and very much alive than dead.

"I was dead. And I was murdered." Her mother confirmed the facts. "Alone. Cold. Watching over you and the life you created for yourself here in the very city I tried to keep you from, but I found a way out. A way to live and be here with you."

"How?"

Watching over her daughter from the other side meant being present through every pivotal moment Vanessa should've been alive for; the breakdown after her death and rediscovering her usage in magic, her first full moon transition, her first encounter with her father and his siblings, her first friend she made in New Orleans, and the wolf-boy. Having no way to contact her but through a restful state when she's asleep tore at her heart. And because of that, meant she had no reason to hide this world from her anymore.