𝟑𝟖 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐎𝐟 𝐌𝐲 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐈 𝐎𝐰𝐧

        "𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐀 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐊'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 and she's all over your man, like?? He's forever taken

"𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐀 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐊'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 and she's all over your man, like?? He's forever taken." Quinn stood next to Deena gawking out the kitchen window of whoever's house party, glaring at some strawberry blonde-headed bitch stuck at Erik's side like glue.

        It hadn't been a day, it's been a month.

        A month and new faces were popping out of nowhere. A month and no one can't seem to leave Erik alone. And Erik, the stupid idiot he was, can't seem to walk away. Who chats with someone for twenty minutes straight? Their conversation can't be that interesting...not that she could hear with music blasting in the background.

        Deena drank the rest of her cheap alcohol burning down her throat. And without looking away, asked. "Who is she?"

        "Mercede. Erik's Ex."

        Her brows rose at the sudden news and jerked. "Since when? Why haven't I seen her around? Does she even go to our school?"

        "Since last year. They broke up shortly after you arrived, dated for three months. And yes, she does go to St. Love. She's graduating with us." Quinn took a sip of her drink before resting her chin on Deena's shoulder still watching the pair hit it off. Her perfume was sweet and meadow like spring. "You never noticed her because you have no classes or lunch with her. There was also a period of time when you weren't at school for weeks to a month. Plus, she doesn't come out unless Erik does."

        Did they break up because of me? Deena wondered. That when Erik discovered their bond, he ended things immediately. Or maybe it was time for them to move on. But if she hadn't existed, would they still be together?

        Quinn smacked her lips. "As expected." She was reading a message sent on her phone and relayed the message when Deena asked. "Roma is a no-show. It's parent date night so she's held up babysitting her siblings. Out of all nights it had to be this one."