𝟐𝟗 | 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐬 & 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐃𝐨𝐨𝐫𝐬

              𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐙𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐍'𝐒 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑

       𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐙𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐍'𝐒 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑. It felt straight out of an American teen fiction movie and her expectations were quite high, but she's also easily amused. There were many memories to shelve most taken by videos and snapped with pictures, but she was unable to enjoy herself completely since locating her mother back home.

The many possibilities kept gnawing in the back of her head.

What if she's home? What if she's waiting for me? Why did she disappear?

If so, and she was home waiting for a welcome, that meant Deena had nothing to do with her disappearance. And surely, there's a good explanation as to why's that...but why was that? Where the hell had she been the last year?

When Deena's father arrived to pick her up at Quinn's place, he was more interested in her time spent there than in mentioning anything about her mother's return. She figured it was a surprise and he's in on it. The second she steps foot through the door, her mother will jump out of nowhere shouting 'Surprise! Did you miss me?' on the top of her lungs, then embrace each other into a tight hug, where they'll then laugh over the sudden trip she took across the world.

But she wasn't home.

And the only surprise she got was some random shirtless man chugging down a water bottle and munching on leftover brownies Deena baked, and a brunette woman sneaking past with her heels in hand, sending a sheepish grin with her dress barely hanging on her body.

Her father called out Aunt Freya's name with frustration, his cheeks tinted with embarrassment. "They were supposed to be long gone before your arrival, but it seems your aunt's wooers have made themselves at home perusing the contents of my refrigerator and leaving when time may not tell." He headed first up the stairs toward her bedroom carrying her bags he offered.

Deena thought nothing of it because it wasn't any of her business and it's not the first time she's run into her aunt's hookups. Once, she brought home a closeted soccer mom who cooked a full-course meal, vented about her lazy-ass husband and her plans to murder him in his sleep, and played charades before assisting Deena with her homework.