𝟑𝟒 | 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫 𝐌𝐞, 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐀𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐌𝐲 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

      𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑, tugging at the roots as if it would calm the aching headache attacking her nerves

      𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑, tugging at the roots as if it would calm the aching headache attacking her nerves. Her mouth instantly dry and sharp pains struck her empty belly, her vision blurred as she finally opened her eyes...

        In someone else's bed...

        In someone else's home...

        With a loud gasp, Deena shot up only to immediately crash back into the bed with fluffy pillows and thick sheets. My fucking head! She knew better than to drink with her alcoholic aunt who held no limits, but in the moment, the future wasn't on her mind.

        And the past can't seem to be escaped from.

        She recalled bits of what happened last night or early morning; her father turning her mother into a vampire and stashed her in the basement, the rest of her family in on the secret. The eminent power scorching her veins — still desperately craving its usage and still heated with anger. And of course, the bond. That would never leave her memory.

        And now here, in the house of a stranger with no knowledge of how Deena arrived.

        A cold glass of water and two white pills sat on the nightstand when Deena turned over in bed. She swallowed the pills and gulped down the water as if it was her last drink on Earth. As she viewed the bedroom, she recognized familiar clothing hung in the open closet, only worn on Marcel's body. It smelled like him too.

        How did I end up here? Better yet, how long have I been sleeping?

        5:25pm. The blinking alarm clock read.

        Deena had been to Marcel's place a few times but had never been inside his bedroom which caused confusion.

        Still dressed in her prom dress stained with alcohol, puke, blood, and screaming to be ripped off her body, Deena dragged her feet into Marcel's large bathroom with a glass shower. Dared not to view herself in the mirror, she hopped into the shower, scrubbing her body clean of leftover makeup and dried-up blood.