𝟑𝟎 | 𝐀 𝐂𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

{ 𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝘀 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱, 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗶𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗽 𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗮 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿

{ 𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝘀 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱, 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗶𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗽 𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗮 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿. 𝗜'𝘃𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝘂𝘁𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 ( 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟬/ 𝗞𝗹𝗮𝘂𝘀'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩, 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟭) 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝘂𝗶𝗹𝗱𝘂𝗽 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀. 𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱 }

        "𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

        "𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄. Another promposal. The fifth one today. It's sickening," Quinn muttered with a disgusted sound building in the back of her throat as they strolled down the hallway of St. Love Academy. Deena carried boxes filled with decorations for prom, while Quinn, carrying a clipboard under her arm, checked off items on the list.

Deena peeked over the box toward a student from her government class, who was holding a colorful, boldly written poster. The girl squealed as she jumped into her partner's arms, sealing the special moment with a kiss. Sickening, indeed. But while she didn't mind these displays as she wasn't the center of attention, she couldn't help but wonder why it bothered Quinn.

"Niles didn't ask you to prom?" Deena inquired.

"He did. It was cute or whatever. We went on a date, ordered a chocolate mousse cake, and the dessert came out with 'prom?' written in white icing. He gave me flowers and sweets and all that," Quinn replied as they turned a corner. She led the way since the box obscured Deena's view, held close to her chest. "Real cute stuff I enjoyed, but it was a private moment."

Deena was genuinely puzzled. "And that's a bad thing? The world doesn't need to know everything. Some things you can cherish yourself without sharing the moment with others."