𝟑𝟕 | 𝐈 𝐆𝐨𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐆𝐨𝐭 𝐌𝐞

𝗔𝘅𝗲𝗺𝗮𝗻'𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝘇𝘇𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗢𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿-𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝗠𝗮𝘆, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆, 𝗹𝗲𝘁'𝘀 𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗼𝗿 𝗱...

𝗔𝘅𝗲𝗺𝗮𝗻'𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝘇𝘇𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗢𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿-𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝗠𝗮𝘆, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆, 𝗹𝗲𝘁'𝘀 𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗼𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗹 ‹𝟹

𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐎𝐈𝐑 for an outfit to wear after being invited to a house party in celebration of Axeman's Jazz Fest, a week before graduation. She didn't have time to relocate everything from her old bedroom and whenever she was over, her father would swoop in with any attempt to reconcile their relationship. Plus, there was too much shit to move in and out with constant gifts her family, Aunt Bekah specifically, would send from her journey across the globe. And with her coming down for her niece's graduation, one could only imagine what gifts she had in store.

        She stuffed multiple clothing options in a large utility tote bag and covered them with books and personal items to keep her suspicious father out of her business. Yet, again, going against his order to sneak out and party with her classmates. Like normal teenagers do. Closing the door behind her, she quietly made her exit.

        Heading downstairs, Deena discovered a brunette woman in a dark blue dress lying in a pile of neatly placed vervain plants straight from the roots. Its stench was strong and suffocating. A closer look at the peaceful woman and noticed no warmth flushing her icy blue pale skin and her lips were deep purple almost black. And she wasn't resting — she wasn't breathing. She was dead.

        Deena gasped and fell to her butt when failing to rush back upstairs, legs numbed and heavy. Few items from her cover-up bag rolled down the brick steps. Her father and uncle previously entwined in a conversation as they entered the compound heard the commotion and vamp-sped further into the house.