8 year

✨You can try now, to see if I'd reject you over anything - Lan Zhan✨
🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂
Wei Ying stop every now and then from his training with Suibian to look through the book once more. It has been 8 year now both Wei Ying and Lan Zhan doesn't know what kind of song did Jin Guangyao use on Nie Mingjue.

While Wei Ying is so into the book he didn't hear Lan Zhan and Sizhui entering into the cave, "Xian gege," Wei Ying didn't hear Sizhui calling him. Sizhui look up at Lan Zhan, "Fuqin how come Xian gege isn't answering me?"

"Let me try," Lan Zhan went to tap on Wei Ying shoulder, "Wei Ying, A-Yuan been calling you."

"I'm sorry A-Yuan, once I'm stuck on something I focus on that one thing."

"Is okay Xian gege," Wei Ying look up and down at Sizhui, "Have you grown again?" Wei Ying got up, he walk around Sizhui, "You seem taller now." Lan Zhan smile at this, "I am 10 year old, Xian gege."

"10?! Already?!" 'Time seem to go by fast, A-Yuan have grown up in a good environment. Lan Zhan adopted A-Yuan, he has become one of the Lan family members but....he follow the rule too much. I mean I don't mind is just that he deserve to be a kid and kid deserve to be fun.'

"Xian gege what are you reading?" Sizhui pick up the book. All three sat down, "this book is call "The Collection of Turmoil".

"Collection of Turmoil?" Lan Zhan begin to explain to Sizhui about it and why he shouldn't play this to anyone. "But why are you two looking at this?" Sizhui asked as he handed the book back to Wei Ying.

"Why not ask your father?" Sizhui turn to look at Lan Zhan who sigh, "Wei Ying."

"Come on Lan Zhan. Sizhui won't tell anyone beside he is very smart and that's not all he is your son. I can tell that he is becoming more like you," sizhui blush at what Wei Ying just said, "He more like you, Wei Ying."

"A-Yuan is that true?!" Wei Ying is shock and surprise and happy at the same time, "What did you do?"

"Not just A-Yuan, Jingyi was part of it as well."

Wei Ying grinned, "A-Yuan, what did you and Jingyi do?" Lan Zhan couldn't believe Wei Ying is interest in this, "Well....ummmm"

"The two of them pranked an elder who keep on punishing them." Wei Ying let out a laugh, "hahahah that's my A-Yuan. I'm begin to like this Jingyi kid, he so much like me."

"Fuqin about the book?" The two adult go back on track, "Right," Wei Ying stop laughing, "Tell Sizhui, Lan Zhan." Lan Zhan nodded his head as he begin to tell Sizhui what happen to Nie Mingjue, "But didn't Sect leader Nie die of Qi deviate?"

"Sizhui, people might think that Sect leader Nie die of Qi deviate but that isn't true. Someone murdered him," Sizhui is shock, "Someone murdered Chifeng Zun?" Both Wei Ying and Lan Zhan nodded their head.

"Then do you know who it is?" The two looked at each other then back to Sizhui, "is just a suspicious but we think is Jin Guangyao."

"But isn't he, Xichen Shishu sworn brother?" Sizhui asked.

"That is why we don't want to said anything to Zewu Jun. Now Sizhui, you can't tell anyone about this okay?" Sizhui nodded his head.

"Now, this isn't something you should worry about A-Yuan. How is your training going? Are you working hard on your swordmanship and playing on your guqin?" Wei Ying asked while putting away the book.

"My training is going well. Sometime I learn them from class and sometime I learn from Fuqin. I like to learn from Fuqin," this made Wei Ying smile.

"Lan Zhan swordmanship is very good. I think we were equal back then right?" He looked at Lan Zhan who gave a nod to his head.

"Xian gege, when I am older will you go on a night hunt with us? I want to learn from you and Fuqin as much as I can?"

"Of course A-yuan?" 'Hmmm, I should think about that too.' Lan Zhan look at how Wei Ying went back into his mind, "Wei Ying, you can leave from here now. I think your meridian has been heal, you can come stay at Jingshi. You can continue to meditate there if you like?"

"You mean it? I thought you said that I should meditate inside this cave to make my core stronger? I felt my core is getting there but not that strong."

"I did but it is up to you."

"I think I will stay in here for a little bit longer, I want to make my golden core stronger," Sizhui who has been sitting there wondering why his Xian gege and Fuqin is talking about Xian gege golden core.

'I don't think I should ask. When I am ready, I will ask Xian gege about it.' "Fuqin, I think is getting late," indeed it was. The day have turn to night time, "I'll walk you back to your room. Wei Ying, I will bring dinner to you a minute," Wei Ying smile as he nodded his head.

A minute later Lan Zhan came back with Wei Ying dinner and a bottle of Tianzi Xiao. "Said Lan Zhan."

"Mn."

"If we figure out that it was Jin Guangyao who did this, what will you think Zewu Jun will do? How do you think he will react?" Wei Ying asked while eating his dinner and drinking his wine.

"If Xiong zhang found out that it was Jin Guangyao who killed Chifeng Zun, he will be devastated. The person who he trusted with his life is the one who kill their sworn brother," 'I don't want to tell Xiong zhang this, we don't even have the evidence to show it.'

"Lan Zhan."

Lan Zhan hear Wei Ying calling his name, "Mn?"

"Lan Zhan, we will figure this out. Once we have the evidence we can let Zewu Jun know. You understand your brother better then anyone else, he is your brother after all."

"Mn. Your right. We will figure this out."

Lan Zhan didn't stay there long, he went back to Jingshi to rest since it is already past 9.  It is his Lan clan rule to sleep at 9, no one can stay up past there Lan curfew.