This Isn't Right? Something Is Strange Here

✨My destiny is up to life and gain don't concern me. My destiny is up to me "mean, I don't want to die." Loss and gain don't concern me "mean I'm not afraid of death." - Wei Wuxian ✨
🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂
After staying one day in Qinghe town the two head off to the west. "So much have happened. I wonder what else we will find out once we know the truth." Wei Ying look around the place, "Isn't this?"

"This is where our journey begin. I think we will find something here."

"Like what?"

"I am not sure but when we do, we will know."

"Mn."

As they walk through the street one thing went through his mind, "Lan Zhan, do you think the people who released the blade spirit in the Mo manor and those that kill Chifeng Zun is the same group of people?"

"Not the same."

"I agree with you. If this person is the one who killed Chifeng Zun and he doesn't want us to find Chifeng Zun body then it is impossible for him to use the blade spirit to hurt the Lan clan. They didn't know that it will be this easy to investigate and discovered by us. One side want to hide everything, while the other side want everyone to know what happen. So this mean the two side aren't on the same page at all."

"Mn."

"The person who killed Chifeng Zun seem to know a lot about the Nie clan secret. But that's not all, the person who left the blade spirit at the Mo manor seem to know a lot about our activities. Both side will be very hard to deal with. There seem to be more secret then we expect."

"We can take this step by step. It is getting late, let's find an inn."

"Mn."

When they got to the inn Wei Ying and Lan Zhan hear a table is talking about what happen to at the Yueyang clan 16 year ago. They even talk about Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan who caught Xue Yang, even said how Xue Yang was part of the Wen clan and now he is part of the Jin clan.

"What the little brat is still alive? How come he isn't die? He even become a disciple of the Jin clan?" Wei Ying asked as he looked at Lan Zhan.

"Not a disciple. 16 years ago, Xue Yang suddenly appear at Jinlintai. All of the clan want to punished Xue Yang but one person decide to object."

"You don't mean Jin Guangshan?"

"Mn. He ask if anyone seen Xue Yang murdered the whole clan. When no one answer, Jin Guangshan decide to spare Xue Yang life."

"What?! Then what happen after that?" Wei Ying asked Lan Zhan.

"After that, the only survivor of the Chang clan is Chang Ping, he withdrew his confession."

"He did? But why would he do that?"

"Chang Ping, said that the massacre of the Chang clan had nothing to do with Xue Yang."

"It is like letting the tiger back into the mountain."

"Remember me telling you that Jin Guangshan die?" Wei Ying nodded his head, "After his death, Jin Guangyao take over as sect leader and that is when he punished Xue Yang."

Both Lan Zhan and Wei Ying heard the other table said that Xue Yang has die and that he was kill by his enemy. One thing the other cultivator said that make Wei Ying choke on his alcohol, "I heard that Xue Yang has some association with Yiling Laozu."

*Cough* Cough* "Me again! After 16 year, they still talk about me and hate me. Why is all of the bad thing have to do with me? I didn't do anything wrong." That is when Wei Ying notice some isn't right, "This isn't right ! If that time when Xue Yang was set free, how come my Shishu and Song Lan didn't go after him?"

Lan Zhan turn in his seat to look at Wei Ying, "Lan Zhan?"

"Even though no one know that you are still alive but I heard a few thing, they said that Xiao Xingchen disappear, Song Lan wandered faraway. No one seem to know where they disappear off too."

"You mean no one can find them anywhere? No news at all," Lan Zhan went silent at this question.

"Lan Zhan?" Wei Ying looked at Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan turn to look at Wei Ying, "While you were in Cloud Recesse there is a rumor going around about Xiao Xicheng."

"Rumors? What kind of rumor?" Wei Ying asked.

"The rumor said that Chang Ping died of slow slicing and lost his eye overnight. The weapon that use to slice him is....." Lan Zhan glanced at Wei Ying, "Shuanghua."

"What!? That is impossible! So are you saying that everyone believe Xiao Xingchen disappearance was to kill Chang Ping for revenge?" Lan Zhan nodded his head.

'I don't believe my Shushu would do something like that,' "after Yueyang we all part ways. I only met Song Lan after so long, I always thought that we would meet each other again, but now it seem like the whole world have turn upside down after the battle at NeverNight."

The two went quiet for a while, Wei Ying pour drink into his cup, "to tell you the truth, I really admire Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan. When we went in searching of Yin Iron, both Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan aren't from any big clan nor are they acquainted with the Chang clan. Why does the two of them end up so miserable like this? Only for what have nothing to do with them. I just want to say things are...." Lan Zhan take the cup wine away from Wei Ying hand.

"Things are so unpredictable," after saying that Lan Zhan drink the cup of wine in his hand.

"Ah Lan Zhan!" 'I definitely know what will happen when he drunk. I have to deal with a drunk Lan Zhan.'

After Lan Zhan is drunk Wei Ying take Lan Zhan up to the room, Wei Ying laid Lan Zhan down on the bed, 'Something never change, only with one cup of wine, you got drunk.'