10 year

✨There is no reason, because in this world everyone has his own business. Everyone has his own road to take - Wei Wuxian✨
🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂
It has been 10 year now, every hour of every day Wei Ying train with both Chenqing and Suibian. "It good to hold you again, Suibian. I'm sorry I neglected you, when I lost my golden core I can't hold you anymore."

"Wei Ying," Wei Ying turn around to look at Lan Zhan who enter into the cold cave with a tray of food in his hand. "Your early today?" Lan Zhan put the tray of food down on the table, "the Lan disciple will be taken their exam soon. I want to prepare a test for them before heading to class."

"Is the test hard?" Wei Ying asked, "it depend on which class they are in. Sizhui for example, is in the music class. He need to know how to ask spirit by using inquiry."

"Oh so something like that?" Lan Zhan nodded his head, "when they graduate they will be able to go on a night hunt. As long as there is a senior there with them."

"First night hunt? How exciting. I feel very excited when I went on my first night hunt. I wish that I can go with them."

"You can, remember the mask? As long as you wear the mask no one know is you. Beside you won't be wearing your red and black cloth anymore."

"Your right about that," 'no one know is me, until we figure out who is behind what happen at Qingqi path and at NeverNight, I won't be able to show myself.'

"Wei Ying," hearing Lan Zhan calling his name Wei Ying look at Lan Zhan, "mhm?"

"Don't worry, we will find out the truth. We will clear your name, I'm here, I will help you. Remember what I said, no matter what happen I will always stand by you."

"Mn." 'I always thought Lan Zhan hated me because of how I act back then. I always thought that he hated me because I learn demonic cultivation it look like I was wrong.'

After staying with Wei Ying for a while Lan Zhan left to go prepare for his class exam. As for Wei Ying he went back into the cold spring to meditate, "it is not bad once you get use to it. No wonder Lan Zhan isn't cold."

During the exam everyone is quiet, Lan Zhan call on each of the student to play on their instruments. Some of them is nervous knowing that it is their Hanguang Jun who is grading them.

"No need to be nervous just relax and play. If you are nervous, you won't be able to use inquiry right to ask the spirit." All the young disciple take in a deep breath, one by one they begin to play their inquiry right. Even Sizhui play it perfectly too.

When is it lunch time Lan Zhan went to make lunch for Wei Ying, he take his work with him this way he can keep Wei Ying company. "Wei Ying," Wei Ying look up from the book to look at Lan Zhan, "You know, your Lan ancestors shouldn't write down music like these."

"What do you mean?" Lan Zhan set the tray down in front of Wei Ying, "even though I am not good at reading music score but some of this can destroy one mind, even corrupt their spiritual energy."

"Are you grading your class?" Lan Zhan nodded his head, "How did A-Yuan do?" Lan Zhan went straight to Sizhui paper, he handed the paper to Wei Ying, "He pass?"

"Sizhui has been learning from me, of course he pass. Many other lan disciple didn't, they can always try again in the next exam."

"And what happen if they don't pass all of their exam?" Wei Ying asked.

"Well....that never happen before.They all pass with just one try."

"Or this year it was their Hanguang Jun who is giving them the test," 'of course they will get nervous.' Wei Ying have on a mischievous smile.

Wei Ying went back to the book while Lan Zhan is grading his student paper. "Wei Ying?" All Wei Ying can give Lan Zhan is a "Mhmm"

"I forgot to tell you this when I brought you here," this got Wei Ying attention. "What is it?" Wei Ying look at Lan Zhan.

"When Wen Qing and Wen Ning come to Jinlintai to ask for punishment, I asked Wen Ning what happen at Qiongqi path."

Wei Ying went quiet, "What did Wen Ning said?"

"He said that he heard two flute. Your was only to tell Wen Ning to fight not to kill. The other flute order him to kill everyone around him that include Jin Zixuan and Jin Zixun."

"Then it was my imagination, it was the same at NeverNight. I also heard a second flute as well. That is when everything around me went out of control, I couldn't think right. But now that you mention this.....do you think someone else want to destroy me as well?"

"Wei Ying, we will figure this out. Your not alone," Wei Ying smiled at Lan Zhan, "Your right. We will figure this out," 'what really happen at Qiongqi path and at NeverNight? I know that I hear two flute.'

"Wei Ying," Lan Zhan try to stop Wei Ying from thinking too much, "Is not your fault that Jiang Yanli died. Whoever it was, they cause your sister death."

"Even if your name is clear, I want to keep you here by my side, to protect you always."

Wei Ying felt his heart beating very fast, "you want me to live here...in Cloud Recesse?"

"Well it doesn't have to be here in Cloud Recesse. We can live somewhere close to Cloud Recesse. I know that you don't like to follow the rule, so why not live away from Cloud Recesse instead?"

"I think that is a great idea. I don't want to get punished by Master Lan and I don't want you to get punish either. Do you think that you can change the Lan clan rule once you become a clan leader?"

"I might not want to be a clan leader, Wei Ying. If I do, I will have to live in Cloud Recesse again."

"That's true," the two talk about what to do first once Wei Ying left the cold cave.