22. Stay quiet

I decided not to say anything. I didn't want to cost Gryffindor any more points.

After an hour and a half of dread fullness in that class, it was finally time for lunch. I was with Hermione walking and Ron with Harry but naturally, Harry started walking beside me too.

Once we got clear of the dungeons and the Slytherins, Ron blurted out "that class was awful."

"Tell me about it." Sighed Harry. "I just don't get it. I barely met the guy 2 hours ago and he dreadfully hates me now."

"I think I might have an idea why." I said. They all looked at me puzzled as if I had something to do with it.

"You see, my mom told me that she dated James Potter when she was at Hogwarts. But she said it was only a short time thing. But she said that your dad's friends would mess around with Snape and tease him. And once she found out you were going to Hogwarts, that's when she told me." I said. They looked wooed at the sudden information.

Hermione added, "and because lots of people say you look like your father Harry, probably professor Snape is reminded of him every time he sees you."

"So I'm screwed then. He's gonna always hate me huh." Harry said annoyed.

"Cheer up," I told him. "He hates everyone but the Slytherins. No one likes Snape." But I turned to him more seriously. "Look, I wanted to say something back to Snape, but I just didn't want to get us more in trouble."

"It's alright. You probably would've so thank you anyway." Harry said.

"I wanted to too, mate." Said Ron. "But that bloody Professor scares me." We all chucked.

2 days later passed and we enjoyed some of our classes. With the Gryffindors, I always stayed with Hermione and usually Ron and Harry. Sometimes Andrew Krike would try and talk to me.

Anyways, all 4 of us walked to the Great Hall 2 days later and ate our lunch. Everyone there were all chatting and eating. This boy in our table, Seamus, tried to do a spell by turning his water cup into rum. But unfortunately, it didn't work as suddenly it exploded and left his face black with smoke coming out from his hair. People around him laughed.

Then an owl chirp was echoed through the walls. "Ah, mail's here." Said Ron. Sudden, dozens of owls came flying through the ceiling and dropping the mail. One dropped me off a small blue box that fit in both of my hands.

"Neville'a got a Remembrall." Said one of the boys Dean Thomas. Hermione explained if the smoke turned red, then you've forgotten something. Meanwhile I opened my mail. I wonder what it could be.

I open the blue box lid and it peeked out a necklace or more of a locket. I opened the inside and on the right side of the oval locket, was a picture of me with my parents. It was the day we went to the zoo. They waved at me and smiled. I smiled at the memory.

"Oh that's pretty

"Oh that's pretty." Hermione acknowledged it.

"Thank you." I then put on the necklace.

Once lunch was done, our next class was flying. First time flying this first week of school. Where we had to get a school broom from the cupboard and go outside on the open field. With 2 single file lines facing each other, with our brooms on the grass by our side.

When the teacher started walking in between us, "good afternoon, class."

"Good afternoon, Madam Hooch." We all said.

"Welcome to your first flying lesson." She stopped and looked at all of us. "Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick."

And everyone followed her orders. She told us to stick our right had up, and say "up."

Right away when Harry said up, the broom came to him. I said to whispered to him, "how did you bloodily do that so fast?"

He just smiled. I saw Malfoy from the corner of my eye looking at us. Malfoy too had his broomstick on his hand same time I managed to do it. The teacher gave us more instructions to mount on the broom and be ready to kick from the ground before Neville Longbottom began flying slowly from the ground. "Mr. Longbottom, get down this instant."

But he couldn't control himself and went flying drastically and spinning in circles and twirling until something caught on his coat but then fell from the ground. He had a broken wrist.

Something shiny on the ground caught my eye. I looked down to see it was Neville's Rememball. I picked it up from the ground and walked towards Madam Hooch and Neville. "Here. You dropped it."

Madam Hooch told us to keep still as she took Neville to the Hospital Wing also to forbid seeing another broom fly in the air.

Out the corner of my eye, I saw Malfoy pick up something from the ground then come close to everyone. "Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lump has given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to fall on his fat ass." His friends chuckled.

I had enough of his games. "Screw you, Malfoy." I said.

He oooed at me. "Oh yeah?" He held up a necklace. "Or else what? Or else mommy and daddy are gonna come save you?"

I looked more closer at the necklace locket and realized it was my locket. I touched my neck but only felt skin. It must have fallen when I went to grab Neville's Rememball that it must've slipped off.

"Give it here, Malfoy." It was Harry who said it and got in front of Malfoy.

"Oo dang l/n. I see, you're parents aren't here so you're little boyfriend Potter has come to save you." Malfoy sneered.

"He's not my boyfriend." My face got red again.

"Give it back. It's important to her." Harry said again annoyed at Draco.

"No. I think I'll leave it somewhere for l/n to find." He then began hovering on his broom and flew around the group of students. "How about on the roof?" He flew up more upwards.

I saw Harry mount his broom. "Harry, don't." I began.

"Harry, no way. You heard what Madam Hooch said. Besides, you don't even know how to fly." It was Hermione.

"It's y/n's." He looked at me. "I know it's important to you and I'm not gonna let some crap-faced Slytherin take it away from you."

"Harry, you'll get in trouble." I said, worried.  But he just ignored me and flew away towards Malfoy.

"What an idiot." Said Hermione

Ron looked at me. "Y/n, you've got to do something. I don't want Harry to get suspended."

"No," Hermione budded in. "She can't. She'll get in trouble too."

I did want to help Harry and more importantly, pay back at Draco. But I also didn't want to get in trouble. But then again, Harry was going to get in trouble because of me. Should I join Harry and fly to help him, or should I stay put?

Join Harry - pg 25
Stay put - pg 26