32. Defend Ernie

"Screw you, Malfoy." I said back. Malfoy and his gang oooed but unfortunately, the Professor heard too since he passed by our seats.

"Ms. L/n! We do not talk like that in my classroom, you hear me? What an unexpected surprise, and coming from a Hufflepuff!" He said suddenly.

"But Malfoy—." I tried saying before he cut me off.

"I'll give you this as a warning. Or else I'll be afraid to take points off. Now, back to the lesson—."

Malfoy was silently laughing as my face turned hot and red. I stayed quiet for the rest of the class period. When it was time to go, Hannah and Justin were surprised. "I honestly can't stand that group of Slytherin's." Said Hannah.

"Thank you, though." Said Ernie.

"What are friends for." I said. "Well, I'll catch up to you guys later. I'm going to library."

"Ew, why are you going there?" Asked Justin.

I rolled my eyes. "There's some pretty interesting stuff in there you know."

"Whatever. I want cheese fries." Randomly called Justin out. And all 3 of them left the opposite direction. I was walking in the grass open courtyard when out of nowhere, I accidentally tripped myself.

Only to realize, I was looking up at a shoe then long black robes and a green tie. It was Malfoy and his buddies. "That's for insulting me at class today." Malfoy proudly said as I got myself up.

"You started it. And now you started this." I said hinting about me just tripping me.

"So? You're nothing but a Hufflepuff. You're too nice to turn me in." He chuckled. "What's it feel like to be sorted into the lamest house?" His friend roared with laughter.

"Shut up, Malfoy." I turned around. It was Harry who said that. He was with his friend Ron Weasley.

"Saint Potter." Malfoy said.

"Leave her alone."

"Or what? You're gonna knock me off my broom again?"

Ron stepped in. "Because you did that, Harry got in the Quidditch team, first year, thanks to you."

Malfoy instantly changed his face. "Sheer dumb luck, Potter. Watch you lose the game like l/n fell on her face."

Ron gave Malfoy a death stare in the looks he want to fight.

Malfoy noticed this. "Where's that Granger girl? Is she pathetically crying in the bathrooms again?" He chuckled then left.

Harry turned to me. "You alright?"

"Yeah, thank you. And—what was he talking about, Hermione Granger? Where is she?" I asked.

Harry looked at Ron. "She's not currently talking to us right now."

"Oh, do you know if she's okay or where she is?" I asked. But they didn't know. After I chatted with them for a while, I had to pee and went to bathroom. To my surprise, I saw Hermione wiping her eyes in the sink. Once she saw me, she tried to hide it.

"Hi." I said to her.

"Hey." She croaked.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Fine." And she left. The next 2 days, I found her again crying in the bathroom. That's when we became close. She eventually told me what happened; that Ron insulted her calling her names and for not having any friends.

"I'm your friend." I smiled. She too tried before she teared up again. I felt so bad. But because of it, we became closer.

"You're a really friendly Hufflepuff, y/n. You're kind and gentle." She said. The next weeks were like that. I came closer with Justin and Ernie and Hannah. They became my little group but I was also curious about Hermione's group.

Until it finally came the event of the Halloween feast. Everyone all over were excited for it. But as it came close to dinner, I saw Harry and Ron without Hermione again. She's probably crying. And I felt bad. I wanted to see the feast but I also didn't want to leave Hermione alone. I felt really bad.

Continue to page - 41. Comfort Hermione