35. Stay quiet

I decided not to say anything back. I didn't want to get in trouble. They would understand. So basically Lisa took my place. "Screw you, Malfoy." She spat. Malfoy and his gang oooed but unfortunately, the Professor heard too since she passed by our seats.

"Ms. Turnip! We do not talk like that in my classroom, you hear me? We know you're house always wants to be the correct ones in the room, but this isn't it." She said suddenly.

"But Malfoy—." She tried saying before he cut me off.

"5 points from Ravenclaw."

Malfoy was silently laughing as her face turned hot and red. We all stayed quiet for the rest of the class period. When it was time to go, Jeremy and Jason were surprised. "I honestly can't stand that group of Slytherin's." Said Lisa.

"Thank you, though." Said Jason.

"Yeah, thanks." Added Jeremy.

"What are friends for." She said.

I turned to them. "Well, I'll catch up to you guys later. I'm going to library."

"Why are you going there? Is there an upcoming test we need to study for?" Asked Jeremy.

I looked at him. "No, just there's some pretty interesting stuff in there."

"I've been there a couple days ago. Whatever, I want cheese fries." Randomly called Jeremy out. And all 3 of them left the opposite direction. I was walking in the open grass.

Days passed and I noticed in the classes whom I shared with the Gryffindors, I noticed the girl Hermione she would hang out with Harry and Ron, now sat away from them.

One day a few hours after class when I spotted Harry and Ron alone, I came up to them out of curiosity. "Hey guys."

"Oh, hey, y/n, right?" Said Harry.

"Yeah. Look, I know it's none of my business but have you guys seen Hermione Granger? Where is she?" I asked.

Harry looked at Ron. "She's not currently talking to us right now."

"Oh, do you know if she's okay or where she is?" I asked. But they didn't know. After I chatted with them for a while, I had to pee and went to bathroom. To my surprise, I saw Hermione wiping her eyes in the sink. Once she saw me, she tried to hide it.

"Hi." I said to her.

"Hey." She croaked.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Fine." And she left. The next 2 days, I found her again crying in the bathroom. That's when we became close. She eventually told me what happened; that Ron insulted her calling her names and for not having any friends.

"I'm your friend." I smiled. She too tried before she teared up again. I felt so bad. But because of it, we became closer.

"You're a really friendly Ravenclaw, y/n. You're kind yet filled with knowledge." She said. The next weeks were like that. I became closer with Jeremy and Jason and Lisa. They became my little group but I was also curious about Hermione's group.

It finally came the event of the Halloween feast. Everyone all over were excited for it. Once it was dinner time, all wore our house robes and sat in our tables. Me and Lisa sat facing Jeremy and Jason. And behind Jason, I saw Harry.

The Ravenclaw table was right beside Gryffindors and Harry was sitting where I could see his face and he could see mine. The ginger guy Ron sat in front of him.

But I was soon distracted when the food appeared. And the roof, there were flying Jack-O-Lanterns. There was lightening ever so often. There were slices of carrot cake and roast chicken, potatoes, apple pie. Everything looked delicious.

There was this boy also that sat next to me. "Can you pass me a slice of carrot cake, please?" It was this pretty Asian girl with long black hair.

"Um, yeah." I passed her a piece of cake.

"Thanks." She looked at me. "Are you a first year?"

"Yeah. What year are you in?"

"Second. How are you liking Hogwarts so far?" She asked.

"It's great. The food is great too." I responded.

"I'm Cho Chang."

Cho Chang

"I'm y/n l/n

"I'm y/n l/n." After swallowing some chicken, I noticed Jason staring quite too much at the girl I just met, Cho.

Lisa whispered. "Don't be a creep." She joked. Jason kicked her feet from under. We chuckled and finished eating our meal and now began dessert.

When all of sudden, the Great Hall doors slammed opened and all was heard "Troll! In the dungeon!" It was Professor Quirell, our Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher running towards Dumbledore. Everyone stopped talking and all looked at him. "Troll in the dungeon. Thought you ought to know." He said before he fainted right there.

Then there was sharp thunder and all shouted with horror. We all stood up and ran towards the door before Dumbledore stood up and shouted, "silence! Everyone will please not panic. Now... Prefects will lead their house back to the dormitories."

We all followed orders. Us Ravenclaw's followed our Head Girl to the Entrance Hall. We were headed towards our tower with the best view. As we were walking down the steps, I saw the Gryffindors lining to go up to their dormitories when I heard Harry say to Ron, "Hermione, she doesn't know!" He whispered.

What was going on? Was their friend, the Hermione girl in trouble and going to rescue her? This was a chance for me to help. I wasn't sure because I wasn't that brave and my friends was beside me so them seeing me run off with Harry or if I went in secret, I don't know. But I did want to help.

Help Harry and Ron - pg. 34.5 (not pg 34)
Stay Put - pg. 35.5 (not pg 35)