76. Go with Draco

"Yeah, I'm coming." I said. He grinned.

"Alright, let's go now before it gets even later." He said. We both walked out of the common room into another room with huge Slytherin stairs to the dungeons to out of the castle.

"As long as we don't get caught." I said. I really didn't want Harry to see me. We went out into the grounds and saw Hagrid's hit lit.

"There in there. I know it. C'mon." He said. And we followed quietly and not to be seen in the darkness. As we came closer, the voices became more vivid.

"Hagrid, we know he's after the stone." Said Harry's voice. We snuck up to a window and peeked. In which then Hagrid got a hot large metal looking ball and set in down onto the table for only it to hatch into a dragon.

Which then ended up burping a bit of Hagrid's beard. Me and Draco were bumping our shoulders to see who got the most views from the window. But unfortunately, Hagrid noticed. He looked closer at the window. "Who's that?"

They all turned their heads to find a us peeping through the window. "Malfoy." Harry said with a hint of disgust. "Isn't that, y/n?" I heard Hermione's voice faint as me and Draco left sprinting from Hagrid's hut.

"C'mon. We've got to tell McGonagall. They have a dragon. My father will hear that that oaf has a dragon." Draco said as we ran into the castle and slipped into her office.

"Mr. Malfoy, Miss L/n? Did something happen?" She said through her desk.

"Yes. Potter and his friends have been sneaking out to Hagrid's and they have a dragon." Draco said. In my mind it was just that I hoped Harry wasn't mad.

—.—.—
"I hate Malfoy, honestly." Ron said as they walked down the halls.

"Are you sure that was y/n, with Malfoy?" Said Harry.

"I think." Said Hermione. "I'm not so sure but it did look like her."

"Oh of course it was her! I told you, we should've never been with her. She was sketchy from the start. Hanging out with Malfoy—."
—.—.—

Me and Draco came behind from McGonagall whom she the trio. "Good evening." And we popped out. Malfoy with a grin.

She brought us all inside her classroom in front of her desk to give them their sentencing. "Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. For its punishment for it's actions, 50 points will be taken each."

"Fifty?" Harry said astounded with his mouth open.

In then which she gave us all 5 of us detention. Including Malfoy and me. He asked back why but she explained, "you've been caught after hours as well and will join your classmates in detention." They all grinned at us smuggly.

Flich then escorted us all 5 out into the open grounds along with Hagrid as we stopped by his hut. "You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. You've got a little job to do." He told us that we were going inside the forbidden forest.

"The forest? I thought that was a joke. We can't go in there." Said Malfoy, worried. "There's obviously werewolves in there." He spat but still worried. We then walked inside the forest for to be honest, I really didn't know the reason. Hagrid led us in for a couple minutes.

He found a sliver shiny puddle to find it was unicorn's blood. "I found one dead a few weeks ago. So it's our job to go and find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me. And Harry, you'll go with Malfoy and Y/n." Hagrid looked around, "everyone meet back here in 15."

We started our trek. "Wait 'till my father hears about this!" Of course it's not hanging out with Draco if he doesn't say that. He was holding our only source of light.

"I'm sure it's not so bad, Draco." I said to him. Harry frowned.

"Not so bad? There's dead unicorns and we're in the middle of a dark deep forest."

"If I didn't know better, I'd say you were scared." Said Harry.

"Listen Potter. You better watch your mouth." Draco spat. Then we suddenly heard some strange noise. The tensioned came. We continued our walk. "Come on, fang." We didn't really talk as we walked for a couple minutes before we heard fang growl.

"What is it fang?" I said. And not from a far in the trees with the fog, there was a dead unicorn body with a hooded figure on top of it. Harry suddenly put his hand on his forehead. The hooded figure stood up aiming for us.

Malfoy then screamed and he and I ran away with fang. He was too shock to talk to me. We just kept running until we found the group.

"Help! There was this scary thing!"

"Where's Harry?" Hermione quickly said.

"I ran as fast as I could. It's got Potter." Now we all quickly ran towards where Draco lead us. After a couple of minutes, we finally made it to the spot. "That was crazy." I breathed. "I want to go." I walked right next to Hermione.

"Yer kids alright? Let's get yer back. This was a bad idea." We carefully trekked back towards the castle. I was sure very scared now that I saw that hooded figure. Even though it was summer, in the middle of the night it was still pretty chilly.

We finally then reached the inside of the castle. We were in the entrance hall. Hagrid turned to over us. "Alright. Everyone get back to yer dorms. Don't wanna be in more trouble caught after hours as it is now do we?"

Me and Draco both quickly headed off towards the dungeons. Once we were inside the common room now just walking down the steps to get to our dorms, Draco turned to me, "that was crazy. What the hell was that stupid Hagrid thinking? Could've gotten us killed."

"Well we're safe now." I reassured him.

"You're way too optimistic, l/n."

"Not to much. We lost points because of you." I joked.

"You just had to come and tag along with me huh. Well goodnight, l/n." Draco said before he closed his dorm door.

"Yeah, night." And we both went to bed.

—.—.—.—.—

It had been a few moments since the incident happened. But it was now the end of May and soon the first week of June had approached. The last few days where they almost announced who would win the House Cup.

"Better be us." Said Tracey Davis one day at breakfast in the Great Hall.

"But oh my god. Have you heard what happened to that Potter?" Announced Daphne Greengrass to the group we were eating in.

"No, what happened?" I hadn't talked with the trio since the forbidden forest incident. I had really lost their trust. In class they wouldn't all 3 even look at my direction.

"He's at the Hospital Wing. I heard he fainted some dark place in the castle and injured. He even got stitches."

"How do you know all this?" Tracey wondered.

"This girl from my Herbology class had heard from some Gryffindors talking about it."

"He got what he deserved." Draco chuckled and came into the conversation out of nowhere. "And talking about good news," he turned to me, "I was wondering if you'd want to hang out sometime with me and my boys before we leave for the summer?"

The girls Tracey and Daphne giggled. "'Hang out'. And where would that be?"

"I dunno. Anywhere."

Hmm. Being with Draco seemed and his friends seemed fun I guess but I also felt bad for Harry. And I wanted to make amends before the school year would be over.

Visit Harry at the Hospital Wing - pg. 91
Hang out with Draco - pg. 92