28. Keep Walking

I decided not to really take the guts. I didn't really know them and it would be kind of awkward. So I just made my way through the Slytherin courtyard.

Through the next days of having Astronomy and Herbology with the Ravenclaws, there wasn't a lot of feud between us Slytherins with the Ravenclaws as much as with Gryffindors. Also the Ravenclaws knew the answers for everything so it was easy to cheat off them.

But it nothing really happened as September ended and came October. Pansy was still distant and whenever all us 4 girls hung out, she would barely talk to me. I had a feeling it was because she would see me with Draco around and maybe get jealous.

The other hand, I would hang out with Draco too. When he found out Harry got a Nimbus 2000 has a first year, he went off. "Why should that scumbag break the rules? Just because he's better than everyone else? Saint Potter!" He spat.

The next few weeks were normal. I got a bit closer with Draco but Pansy was still holding her grudge. Draco noticed one day when we were having lunch and I asked Pansy to pass me the salt but she just ignored me.

"Didn't you hear?" Said Draco to Pansy. "She asked for the salt."

Pansy looked at Draco with a sorrow in her eyes. But then she looked at me with a death stare. It became pretty awkward in our dorms that we shared. Draco noticed the stare. He chuckled. "Oh, I see. You're jealous? No need to fight, ladies. I'm right here." He laughed.

I shoved him playfully. He smiled a genuine smile at me. He seemed pretty happy.

It finally came the event of the Halloween feast. Everyone all over were excited for it. Once it was dinner time, all wore our house robes and sat in our tables. Draco sat in between Crabbe and Goyle and I sat facing him. Pansy and girls beside me. And behind Draco, I saw Harry.

The Slytherin table was right beside Gryffindors and Harry was sitting where I could see his face and he could see mine. The ginger guy Ron sat in front of him.

But I was soon distracted when the food appeared. And the roof, there were flying Jack-O-Lanterns. There was lightening ever so often. There were slices of carrot cake and roast chicken, potatoes, apple pie. Everything looked delicious.

There was this boy also that sat next to me. "Can you pass me a slice of carrot cake, please?" It was Terence Higgs.

"Um, y-yeah." My face became red as I passed him a piece of cake.

"Thanks. Hey, I think I've seen you before." He looked towards my right to Pansy and the girls. "Yeah, now I remember. I accidentally bumped into you that one time." He said.

"Oh yeah. I remember too. I heard your a quidditch player?"

"Yeah. I'm a seeker. My next game is in a week. Can't wait. I heard Harry Potter is playing seeker too so that should be interesting. He can't be that good."

"Well good luck." I told him.

"Thanks. I'm Terence Higgs. Look for the number 7 when I'm out there."

"I'm y/n l/n." After swallowing some chicken, I noticed Draco was staring at me intensely. He seemed jealous but I kind of liked the attention. We finished eating our meal and now began dessert.

When all of sudden, the Great Hall doors slammed opened and all was heard "Troll! In the dungeon!" It was Professor Quirell, our Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher running towards Dumbledore. Everyone stopped talking and all looked at him. "Troll in the dungeon. Thought you ought to know." He said before he fainted right there.

Then there was sharp thunder and all shouted with horror. We all stood up and ran towards the door before Dumbledore stood up and shouted, "silence! Everyone will please not panic. Now... Prefects will lead their house back to the dormitories."

We all followed orders. Us Slytherins followed our Head Girl to the Entrance Hall. We couldn't go to our dormitories because the troll was down there. Draco was standing in front of me in line. As we were walking towards there, I saw the Gryffindors lining to go up to their dormitories when I heard Harry say to Ron, "Hermione, she doesn't know!" He whispered.

What was going on? Was their friend, the Hermione girl in trouble and going to rescue her? This was a chance for me to help. I wasn't sure because I wasn't that brave and Draco was beside me so him seeing me run off with Harry or if I went in secret, I don't know. But I did want to help.

Stay put - pg 42
Help Harry & Ron - pg 40