47. First Quidditch Game

The next week flew with people all around talking about the first Quidditch match of the season. It was going to be Gryffindor vs. Slytherin. I knew who I was cheering for.

We did potions which it got pretty interesting. I hung out with Daphne Greengrass to turn out she was pretty outgoing and funny. Harry and his gang still barely looked at me except for Harry who thought the most odd of me.

I passed by Terence Higgs one time in the hall and wished him good luck. "Good luck Higgs."

"Thanks. I'm playing against that Potter so should be easy enough. He's only a first year."

The day of the big game, all the Slytherin members were being cheered on. Same for the Gryffindor table. "I really want Slytherin to win." Draco said.

Since today all grades had a free period, they used that time to held the quidditch game. Everyone sat in their seats waiting for game to start.

Then out came flying green smears with numbers. All the Slytherin's in our aile were cheering as loudly while a couple of Ravenclaws were as well. Then red smears with numbers in which I looked closer, it was Oliver and Harry and more others. Everyone was cheering except for the us. "Hello, welcome to Hogwarts. First quidditch game of the season. Slytherin vs. Gryffindor!" Said the announcer. Mostly everyone had their house color scarfs on because it was November and it was starting to get pretty cold.

Every team member took their places until Madam Hooch opened the box, flew out objects, and handed the Quaffle. "And the game begins!"

The game began with flying and ball throwing, Gryffindor scored the first goal. Everyone were flying and moving meanwhile Harry was just sitting there, watching the game. When a Slytherin team member threw the ball at I think was Olivier and he fell down his broom to the ground into the sand.

The Slytherin's made another Gryffindor girl fall again. Harry flew down to get the snitch when his broom was defaulting and moving by itself. I grabbed Draco's binoculars to get a closer look. "Looks like someone is jinxing Potter's broom." I said to Draco.

He smirked. "Good. If we get lucky, maybe he'll fall of his broom." I bumped his shoulder.

Harry did almost fell of his broom, only his hand holding on for fear life. And for a split second, it did look like he was gonna fall until he didn't and got back on his broom. Terence went flying for the snitch beside Harry down on the grass but Terence flew out because he didn't want to risk of falling.

We saw Harry fall but landed on his feet and threw up the snitch in which he caught in his mouth.

"Gryffindor wins!" Announced Madam Hooch. All the Slytherin's groaned. "Stupid Higgs. He should've knocked Harry off his stupid broom."

Everyone cheered for Harry. After the game was over, the all the Slytherin's were disappointed. Draco was the most annoyed. "Hey, relax. Why don't you try out next year and maybe win the game for us then." I said.

His face lit up. "Yeah, maybe I will."

The Slytherin team members sat grumpy in the Great Hall. I slid down to Terence. "You did what you could."

"Man, that Potter is freaking fast. I underestimated him." He said.

We spent the remaining month of November and middle of December mostly careless about the school work and sometimes doing pranks or more bullying others. I wished I wasn't a part of it but Draco did want me there.

It was almost Christmas and winter break and Professor McGonagall was taking people's names down to see who was going to stay at Hogwarts over winter break and spend Christmas there.

She did this during one lunch. Pansy turned to me. "Are you going to stay over break?" She asked.

"I don't know yet." I turned to the boys. "What about you guys?"

"I'm leaving, obviously." Confirmed Draco.

We stopped talking and overhead a conversation at the Gryffindor table between the trio. "And I'm never wanted back at the Dursleys so."

Draco snickered. "I do feel so sorry, for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home."

I bumped Draco and gave him a look. He just looked confused back.

"Aw, we're all glad to know you have a heart." Ron told him back sarcastically.

His group laughed and Draco turned pissed off. After waiting a bit more, Professor McGonagall then came to our table and then to us. No one signed the list to stay at Hogwarts. Not even Crabbe or Goyle. But I was hesitant. "What about you, Ms. l/n?" Professor McGonagall asked me kindly.

Go home for Holidays - pg. 54
Stay at Hogwarts - pg. 55