Chapter 3.

The Summer I Turned Pretty

Y/n could feel that familiar flutter in her tummy as they got closer and closer to the familiar beach house house. She could practically taste the air, it tasted the same as did it smell just the same.

I loved having the windows down, letting the wind run through my hair.

So comforting in a way.

It just felt right, like it had been waiting for me to come back again.

"Who you thinking about over there, Glasses?" Steven questioned, having caught his sister daydreaming in the rear-view mirror. "Ohh, bet you're thinking about your little Jeremiah." Steven mocked.

Y/n couldn't help but roll her eyes at her brothers stupid comment, "Yes, Steven. I was thinking about shoving my tongue down Miah's throat."

"Y/n!" Laurel exclaimed, baffled by her daughters words as Belly and Steven made noises of disgust and complaints.

"I'm joking, people!" Y/n groaned, "God, why does everything have to be about Jeremiah!" Y/n complained - she loved her best friend so much but sometimes having them being mentioned for the wrong things can be annoying.

"Well, honey. From the looks of things last two summers, I thought there'd finally be something more between you both." Laurel explained, raising her brows at her daughter.

"What! What do you mean there'd finally be something more between those two!" Steven looked sickened, "Y/n, Jeremiah is off limits!"

Y/n pulled a face at her brothers last words, "Oh, what? You gonna ask him out, Steven?" Y/n mocked. No wonder some people think her and Steven are the ones who are twins, they practically match each other's personalities perfectly.

Before Steven or anyone could speak up, Y/n had beat them to it with a heavy sigh escaping her mouth, "Okay, guys. Just because a boy and a girl have a really good relationship with one another, does not mean they like each other!"

"So, please, stop saying me and Miah like each other!" Y/n whined, eyes shutting tightly as her head fell back in exasperation - she could feel a flush rising up from her chest.

Laurel nodded - lips pursed, "Done."

My mother had that tone of finality, she knew when to stop. But, Steven being well, Steven - he always wants to push your buttons to the brink.

"What happened between you and Jere? Like, seriously. You can't say something like that and not explain."

"Mind your own business, Steven." Y/n sneered, "Me and Miah are best friends so just shut up, already."

Telling Steven anything that remotely can be used as blackmail or ammunition to make fun of me is a definite suicide on my part.

Anyways, there wasn't anything to even tell, people just hope there is. Sorry, there's nothing that has been anything to say.

Jeremiah and I playfully flirt with one another but he's never made a move, always gossiping to me about his lil dates that never really last for more than a week or two.