Chapter 16.

The Summer I Turned Pretty

"Okay. Slow and steady, you're doing great." Jeremiah praised Belly, "Just keep going straight, okay?"

Belly nodded, "Okay."

Y/n smiled at the seriousness that her sister held as she drove. "Look at that, a professional already." Y/n said, smiling. Belly softly laughed, "Thanks."

"So, you guys excited to see Taylor?" Jeremiah asked, glancing at the twins. "Yeah. Very excited." Belly responded, eyes still strictly on the road.

"So excited, man." Y/n strained, laying her body horizontally onto the seats. Jeremiah gave the girls a questioning look, "You sure?"

Y/n chuckled, "Look. Taylor's our best friend in the whole entire world — including you as well, Miah — but, you know how Taylor can get. She's like a — a hurricane."

Jeremiah nodded, "Oh, yeah. Hurricane Taylor."

The three laughed at Jeremiah's joke.

"I don't know. I always feel like the supporting character when I'm around her, which usually I don't mind but.." Belly trailed off, a troubled look on her face.

"But it's your birthday, Belly. So, you're the main character. Not her." Jeremiah reminded, grinning. "Yeah. Thanks, Jere." Belly thanked, her eyes finally drifting away from the road to look at Jeremiah.

Y/n smiled at her best friends reassuring words to her sister as she then propped her arm over her eyes, loving how comfortable she felt in the moment.

That moment was soon ruined as Y/n felt her whole body lurch side ways — making her fall into the gap. "Lemon!" Jeremiah worriedly said, leaning over in his seat to check on his best friend.

"Oh my god! Y/n, are you okay?" Belly worriedly asked, turning her head to look behind her seat. "Just fuckin' peachy. Thanks, Belly." Y/n sarcastically said, groaning as she struggled to get up.

"Maybe just uh — oh, I don't know — keep your eyes on the road." Y/n told her sister as she finally situated herself back onto the seat.

"Yeah. We're going to need a part two to this driving lesson." Jeremiah stated, eyes holding fear. "Maybe even a part three and part four if I'm going to be flown again on those other tries." Y/n grumbled.

"I'm sorry. I promise I'll pay attention more." Belly apologetically said though she was trying to hold back her laughter.

"You bitches — I know you wanna laugh." Y/n bluntly stated, glaring at her sister and best friend. Belly and Jeremiah looked at one another before they then broke down in laughter — to Y/n's unfortunates, she as well broke and began laughing.

The three had soon made it to where they were to meet Taylor.

"Twenty bucks she calls you 'Jeremy' again." Y/n betted, smiling. "I don't — I think she's learned from last time." Jeremiah told Y/n, shrugging.

"Mm, nah. It's Taylor, Miah." Y/n shook her head, laughing slightly. "That's how she flirts with you." Y/n glanced at Jeremiah, giving him a cheeky smile before looking back at the bus.