Chapter 7.

The Summer I Turned Pretty

The twins had freshened themselves up before they had both decided on calling Taylor — which was odd as they never called the girl on the first day.

Their best friend seemed to voice her confusion on it as well.

"Why am I hearing from you guys? You never call me on the first night." Taylor pointed out, confusion on her face and in her tone.

"Just felt like it but where are you going?" Y/n asked curiously, noticing the girl was dressed up.

"To a show." Taylor replied before then noticing Belly's glum look, "What's wrong, Belly?"

"Well, tonight, Conrad and I were talking by the pool — Y/n was there — but, it felt different." Belly explained, shrugging.

Third wheeling type beat.

"Good different? See, I told you." Taylor said, beginning to apply her mascara.

"See, but, I don't know — Jeremiah and Steven came down and then they just all left and went to this thing in the beach." Belly explained, annoyance in her voice.

"Bonfire, Bell. Bonfire." Y/n inputted, a lazy smile on her face.

"Yeah, bonfire." Belly corrected herself, nodding.

"Well, why didn't you go with them?" Taylor asked, confused.

Belly scoffed, "Like I care about a beach bonfire — and, it's not like they invited us either."

"They don't own the beach." Taylor told Belly, pulling away from her mascara.

"Well, actually we were invited. Remember that guy at the store." Y/n recalled to Belly, hoping to re-fresh her sister's memory.

"See! Go have fun." Taylor told the twins, excited at the thought of her best friends finally going out.

"Yeah — But, I don't like the guy." Belly mumbled, plopping next to her sister on their shared bed.

"But that's not the point. Conrad will be there so go to the bonfire, get into his eyeline and let him see you lookin' all cute — and same goes for you, Lemon — go look good for Jeremy." Taylor teased, smirking.

Y/n lazily raised her arm to then show a middle finger to Taylor, the girl laughed in response.

"Go look in your suitcase, Belly. I left you two my secret weapon — not to keep, obvs. Just to borrow." Taylor quickly said, grabbing ahold of her phone.

The twins then went to Belly's suitcase, opening it to then see a light pink and blue tight skinned dresses.

[Your Dress]

•[Your Dress]