Chapter 24.

The Summer I Turned Pretty

Y/n quickly made her way towards the front door — standing on her tippy-toes alongside Belly to look through the little glass window.

"She's hot!" Jeremiah commented as Y/n glanced back at him — giving him a weird look. "Dude!" Steven said, brows narrowed.

"What? I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking." Jeremiah explained, shrugging. "I was definitely not thinking that, Miah." Y/n quickly denied, scoffing a laugh.

"I never want to think that." Belly firmly said, annoyance in her tone. "Yo, that could be their future step-mom." Conrad bluntly said, still looking out the window as the four adults conversed with one another.

"Conrad!" Y/n groaned, giving Conrad a disgusted look. "Dude, what the hell?" Steven questioned, pushing Conrad. "Don't push me." Conrad told Steven, ready to push the boy back.

"Guys, they're coming! They're coming!" Jeremiah quickly said, pushing his brother and Steven backwards as Y/n and Belly quickly got themselves away from the door.

Jeremiah and Conrad quickly ran away, leaving the Conklin siblings to greet the four adults at the door.

"Be nice." Laurel whispered towards her kids, her eyes mostly staying pointedly at Y/n. Y/n internally rolled her eyes before it lit up upon seeing her dad.

"Hey. Come give your old man a hug, huh?" John said, opening his arms wide and embracing his three kids. Y/n gleefully laughed as she felt happy being in her dad's embrace once again.

She missed him. A lot.

He was practically her best friend.

"Oh, um — this is Victoria." John introduced, gesturing towards the young woman beside him. Y/n narrowed her brows as her eyes raked over the woman.

"Hi, guys! It's — it's really great to meet you. I've heard nothing but five-star reviews." Victoria told the siblings — though, all Steven, Belly, and Y/n could do was smile and nodded awkwardly.

John seemed to noticed, "Hey, let's put this in the kitchen."

Victoria nodded with a big smile, "Okay."

Y/n's sweet smile was replaced with a frown as she watched the two adults leave. "There is no fucking way she's 27." Y/n told her siblings, shaking her head.

"We should grab her wallet and check her ID." Belly said, looking between her siblings. "She's in grad school. Chill, you two." Steven told his sister's.

Y/n scoffed loudly as she looked towards her brother, "Don't tell me to chill, Steven. I mean — knock-off Dakota Johnson has her little claws in dad!"

Steven scoffed a laugh and nodded, "Yeah."

Y/n rolled her eyes as she realized her brother did not care an ounce on what she was telling him which made her turn on her heel and make her way towards the kitchen — her siblings following in toe.

"Steven, can you get your dad's bags and put them upstairs, please?' Laurel asked upon noticing her son.

"Yeah, I — I just need the keys to pop the trunk, then." Steven said. "Actually, Vic and I decided to stay in town this weekend." John told the four, "Figured you had a packed house."