Chapter 15.

The Summer I Turned Pretty

Every birthday that I've had was in this house.

It's always the same.

Mom makes me Hello Kitty pancakes and Mickey Mouse pancakes for Belly. Everyone gives us presents.

It's the one day where the boys have to include us in everything. It's my favorite day of the year.

"Blow it, babies." Laurel told her twins, smiling in anticipation. Y/n and and Belly grinned at one another before leaning in and blowing the candles.

Everyone cheered for the girls.

Y/n smiled with her braces on full display as she then noticed Conrad beginning to drizzle some syrup onto her and Belly's pancakes.

Except, he made an horizontal eight on her own. Y/n looked at the boy with a confused expression, "Why'd you draw an eight on my pancake, Connie?"

"Well, actually it's an infinity." Conrad corrected. "It means forever, right?" Y/n guessed, raising a brow. "Sort of. I learned this in math class." Conrad told Y/n, "So, you know how numbers keep getting bigger and bigger?"

Y/n nodded.

"A hundred, a thousand, a million — to get to the biggest number in the world, you'd have to keep counting because there's always a bigger number. It's boundless." Conrad enthusiastically explained, smiling brightly.

"I don't get it." Belly inputted, a confused expression on her face. "Imagine this is a race track. You see how there's no starting or ending point?" Conrad asked, looking between the two twins. They both nodded.

"You could travel endlessly around those curves, goes on forever."

"That's infinity."

"I'm still confused." Belly stated, making everyone around the table laugh. "Just eat your pancakes, hun." Laurel told her daughter, smiling fondly.

Y/n looked at Conrad, smiling softly as she felt a giddy sensation in the pit of her stomach — almost like butterflies.

Conrad smiled back before patting Y/n's head —the young girl grinned, happily eating her Hello Kitty pancakes.

"Hey, do you think this outfit is good? or no." Y/n asked, taking out an outfit she had put together and showed her sister. "Hm. Maybe — maybe go simple with a dress — like this!" Belly told her sister, handing the dress over to Y/n.

"Sweet. Thanks." Y/n said, nodding. "Should I wear this, though?" Belly then asked her sister, showing her a flower dress that had colors like green, orange, and pink on it.

"Oh, fuck yeah. It matches with your skin tone." Y/n told her sister, smiling as she put her dress on.

[Your Dress]

•[Your Dress]