Chapter 17.

The Summer I Turned Pretty

"Conrad is going to lose his mind when he sees you in this bikini." Taylor told Belly, smirking teasingly. Belly quickly shook her head, "No, I doubt it. I honestly think he couldn't care less."

"Come on, Belly."

"No, seriously."

Taylor sighed dramatically as her attention soon turned towards Y/n, "Well, I am positive Jeremy has definitely lost his mind over this bikini you're wearing."

Y/n narrowed her brows as she scoffed a laugh, "Tay, I have a boyfriend — for the millionth time."

"Eh," Taylor shrugged, "doesn't mean your family doesn't want you guys together just like Belly and Conrad."

Y/n rolled her eyes at the mention of the boy again — Belly and Taylor seemed to notice.

"What's wrong?" Taylor asked, brows pinched together in worry. "Conrad is what's wrong." Y/n stated, "He only gave Belly her birthday present today — claimed to have forgotten where mine was."

Y/n grumbled, "Forgotten where it was, my ass — I know he just wanted to be salty and hurt me. Annoying prick."

"What a little bitch." Taylor sneered, shaking her head. Y/n sighed heavily, nodding in agreement before she submerged herself underwater.

"We know you're gossiping about us over there." Taylor teased, gaining the two boys attention. "Yeah, you wish." Steven teased as Y/n resurfaced.

Taylor then gasped, "Let's play chicken!"

"No. Not chicken." Belly quickly denied, whining. "I'm down to play chicken, actually." Y/n said, shrugging. "Come on, Bells." Y/n looked at her sister.

"We were like 12 the last time we played." Belly said in remembrance to her sister. "More of a reason to play it, Belly!" Y/n said, trying her best to persuade her sister.

"And it'll be hilarious." Taylor added in, walking past the twins and towards the boys. "Hey, I'm down. Come on, Steven." Jeremiah told his friend, hitting him lightly on the arm.

Steven grumbled, "Fine."

"Dibs on Jeremy." Taylor said, sneaking a glance at Y/n. "Oh, great! That means I'm stuck with Steven!" Belly complained.

"That isn't fair. Are you kidding me?" Steven questioned Taylor as him and Jeremiah swam towards the three girls. "Taylor's so much lighter."

"Oh, I'm sorry I'm so massive." Belly falsely apologized, a condescending smile on her face.

"Wha—"

"I wouldn't want to break your delicate little shoulders." Belly sneered at her brother, eyes glaring.

Steven quickly shook his head, "No! You're just taller than her is all. That's.."

Belly then splashed some water into Steven's face — the boy yelped dramatically.

"You're such a complainer. Let's just switch." Taylor groaned, swimming her way towards Steven.

"Hey," Belly called out to her sister, "you wanna take my spot instead? You seem more happier in playing this than I am."

Y/n scoffed a laugh, "Yeah, I guess I will — but, you are playing the next round."

"Yeah, yeah. I will." Belly nodded, swimming towards her sister to then place herself in Y/n's spot as Y/n swam towards Jeremiah.

"Hello, Darling." Jeremiah happily greeted, a broad smile on his face. "Hello, Miah." Y/n greeted back, nose scrunching a bit as she grinned at the boy.