Chapter 12.

The Summer I Turned Pretty

"I told my mom the only way I would do this is if I bring my girlfriend 'cause I thought it would be a deal killer, but the club has been surprisingly chill about the whole thing." Marisa explained, doubtfulness in her tone.

Y/n raised a curious brow at the girls story but her eyes had taken twice a look as she catches sight of her brother and Shayla talking whilst Steven was pouring the girl her tea.

Talking? More like flirting.

And it just has to be next to me of all people.

"I'm honestly shocked." Dara commented at Marisa's story.

The girls around the table besides Y/n, Shayla, and Belly nodded and made noises of agreement.

Y/n couldn't help the way her faced scrunched up on its own, a sour look expressing itself as she side-eyed her sister — seeing her all smiley and looking around at the girls that occupied the table, not realizing the crisis her sister was currently in.

I need out.

Please.

"Literally, Dara. I was expecting a conversion camp to spring out of the bushes." Marisa told her friend as Dara laughed and muttered out an 'Okay.'

"No. Lesbians and debutantes are like — a completely juxtaposing idea." Marisa stated.

"Opposites." Gigi nodded her head.

"Yeah, but Cousins likes to pretend to be woke." Nicole inputted, slightly smiling.

Woke?

Who says that nowadays?

"Trust me. My family deals with it constantly." Nicole tells the girls.

"The things we do for college applications." Marisa said, shaking her head.

"It's insane." Dara added in, shaking her head alongside Marisa.

"Don't worry, Marisa. You'll get in everywhere." Shayla reassured, finally getting back into the conversation after her little flirting session with Steven.

"Wait, where are you applying?" Belly curiously asked, finally having the courage to speak.

"Uh. You know, the usual. Every Ivy minus Cornell." Marisa nonchalantly answered, shrugging.

"Ilthaca is so bleak." Gigi commented, giggling.

The girls all laughed in agreement at the blondes comment.

"What about you two?" Marisa asked, earning Y/n's attention.

"Oh, Belly and Lemon are only sophomore's. Right?" Nicole asked, looking at the twins for reassurance.

"I think that's what Conrad told me." Nicole added in.

Y/n raised her brows before nodding in confirmation, "Yeah. We're sophomore's but we'll be juniors in the fall."