Chapter 9.

The Summer I Turned Pretty

"Hey." Belly said, walking into the room.

"Mom gave me this, she said to put this on your nose." Belly instructed her sister, handing a frozen vegetable bag.

"Thanks, Belly." Y/n sighing heavily, wincing as she placed the cold bag onto her face.

"God, tonight was absolute shit." Y/n grumbled, shutting her eyes as she tried not to relive the embarrassing moment.

"It was. But, we met some cute boys so that's the good side to this horrible night." Belly said, grabbing Mr. Junior Mint and putting it between herself and her sister.

"What's his name?" Y/n asked, once closed eyes now open again and looking at her sister.

"Cameron." Belly replied, "What's his?"

"Atlas." Y/n replied back, grinning at her sister.

"Maybe this summer is going to change for us, Bells." Y/n told Belly.

"Maybe." Belly said.

The twins soon heard a knock coming from the other side of the wall — they knew it was Jeremiah saying goodnight. It was a routine the three found themselves doing since they were little.

Belly smiled at the wall before reaching up to knock back before laying herself back onto the bed next to her sister.

"Night, Belly Jelly." Y/n softly whispered, exhaustion in her voice.

"Night, Lemon." Belly whispered back.

Y/n found herself being abruptly awoken to the sound of her alarm — screaming for her to wake up.

"Belly, turn it off." Y/n groaned, patting her sisters side of the bed — only to realize it was empty.

"Jesus Christ." Y/n mumbled, rubbing her eyes.

Y/n realized her sister's side was cold — meaning she's been away for awhile. Y/n took ahold of her phone that was purposely placed on her sisters side of the bed and pressed the snooze button before throwing it harshly onto the bed in annoyance.

Y/n wasn't a morning person. Obviously.

The hangover wasn't any better, her head was pounding.

One beer and somehow I wake up with a damn hangover.

Fucking lightweight.

Y/n decided to change into comfier clothing, seeing as she had slept in her dress and Atlas's sweater — she was too exhausted to change last night.

Y/n put Atlas's sweater back on, feeling comfy and warm once again.

As Y/n was making her way towards her bedroom door, Y/n had noticed that the debutante paper that Susannah had given her and her sister.

Sometimes you just have to get out of your comfort zone.

And, I think this is the moment for me to do that.