Chapter 10.

The Summer I Turned Pretty

The twins, Laurel, and Susannah walked around the town — going into many stores and seemingly always coming out with something — much to Laurel's displeasure.

"Isn't this pretty on, Y/n?" Susannah asked Laurel as she placed a short pretty white silk dress against the girls body.

"I like that." Laurel nodded, her face showing likeness.

Y/n sighed, "It pains me to say it but I like it too."

The two moms laugh at the girls comment.

The twins try on more outfits. Y/n shows her detest for some of the outfits she wears as with her mother who shakes her head in disapproval.

"I feel like it's better if we don't always have matching outfits." Y/n told her mom and Susannah as her and her sister come out wearing a matching dress.

"But, it looks cute when you guys match." Susannah gushed, smiling. Y/n and Belly looked at each other before shaking their heads in disapproval.

The four soon made their way to another store, one that Susannah had suggested herself.

"Okay. They're called Fascinators, and all the girls will be wearing them." Susannah explained.

"Seriously?" Laurel questioned, a deadpanned look on her face.

"Seriously." Susannah repeated, chuckling.

"I don't know about this." Belly said, a hesitant look on her face.

"Yeah." Y/n said in agreement, staring at the weird looking hats that sat behind the display glass — her face morphing into one of a cringed look.

"Come on." Susannah excitedly ushered the three of them, jogging towards the door.

The two moms sat on comfy cushioned chairs, champagne in their hands as they await for the twins to come out of the dressing rooms.

Soon Belly had came out — wearing a white fluffy dress with ruffles at the end. Both moms and Belly showed their disgust for the dress.

It is an ugly dress.

The two moms then turned their attention onto Y/n's dress as she stepped out — she was wearing a dress that almost looked as if it belonged in the 1800s.

"No." Y/n deadpanned, an 'You've got to be kidding me.' expressed on her face.

"What? I actually think this one's cute." Susannah told the girl, pouting slightly.

"Yeah, I think it's kind of cute, too." Laurel agreed alongside her best friend, nodding in approval.

"You've got to be actually kidding me." Y/n deadpanned as she then let out a an annoyed sigh, going back into the dressing room.

The twins soon come out together with another dress. Belly was wearing a frilly dress with the puffy shoulders and Y/n was wearing a dress with no sleeves — Susannah seemed to hate it and Y/n was glad the woman did.