three

The first week of teaching went smoothly. After getting over the students wanting to know only about her being an Auror, they were focused (and dare say enjoying) on learning about the cosmos.

But Evangeline's only issue was that she hardly saw that charming scarred professor. When she did, he would only give her a small wave and a smile. Small talk was small, and it only lasted a few seconds.

It was now Saturday, and Evangeline was itching for a trip to Hogsmeade. A place she had so many fond memories of. It was nearing 1 in the afternoon when she finished up her grading and finally set out.

Being back in Hogsmeade was bittersweet. Everything looked nearly the same, but the atmosphere seemed a bit different. Everything was bleaker when she was in school due to the war. Now, people were smiling and out and about freely without worry.

She walked into Three Broomsticks, scanning the room. It looked the same. She ordered a Butterbeer, and took her seat in the back where she could view everyone and who came in. It was a habit of hers. Every time she sat in a restaurant, bar, or café, she always tried to sit in a place where she had a view of everything.

After finishing off her drink, she set out for Honeydukes. The place to blame for all her cavities as a child. She picked up some Sugared Butterfly Wings and Glacial Snow Flakes. She then walked over to the section where Honeydukes Best Chocolate was.

Well, should be.

"Bloody hell!" She exclaimed louder than she intended, seeing that the shelf was cleared out.

She loved Honeydukes chocolate. Just the classic chocolate bar. The shelf was never emptied of it. So who the hell felt the need to buy so much damn chocolate?

"I'm afraid I might have bought the rest, my apologies." That all too familiar soft and gentle voice managed to shoo away any anger Evangeline felt.

She turned to Remus, who looked apologetic with a bag in his hand that said Honeydukes.

"So you're the culprit?"

"I'm afraid so."

He walked with her as she made her way to the counter. She got a cone of coffee-flavored No-Melt Ice Cream. That made Remus look at her concerned, "It's nearly 10 degrees outside."

She waved her hand as she payed the employee behind the counter, "I don't get cold easily."

"So the jacket is just for show, then?"

She glanced down to her long tan suede coat, "It is."

They walked out together after. Remus still felt bad, so he began to dig into his bag to give her a few bars, "I'm sorry–"

She didn't take the chocolate, "No, keep it. I'm not that angry. I must ask though, why did you buy so much?" She asked, amused.

"I quite enjoy it. It also helps uhh... sooth my anxiety." He said, his words quieter.

"That's why I like it." She said, licking the ice cream.

"It's no bother, really, just take a few bars."

She moved away from him before he could hold his hand out with chocolate, "I refuse, professor." She said with a playful smile, "You bought it. It's yours."

He sighed in defeat, stuffing the chocolate back into his bag. They continued to walk Hogsmeade slowly, "Have you got any more errands to run?" Remus asked as she bit into the cone.

"I want to go into Cosmina's. Have you been in there?"

He furrowed his eyebrows, "I'm not sure I'm familiar with it."