seven

The morning after their walk in the Forbidden Forrest, Evangeline and Remus had several things on one another's mind.

Evangeline scolded herself for not speaking to him about Harry's concern, but she also couldn't stop thinking about holding his hand and his embrace.

Similar to Evangeline, Remus found himself waking up with a smile at the thought of their hand-locked walk and their hug. He wanted to do it again. He enjoyed the night before so much that he forgot to bring up what she meant by finding his scars charming.

Evangeline walked into the Great Hall and headed for the table designated for Professors. She sat down and poured herself a cup of tea, catching Igor's eye from across the room.

He was in a corner speaking to Viktor, his demeanor going sour at the sight of her. She held eye contact while sipping her tea, her attention being shifted only when McGonagall began to speak to her.

"I've heard wonderful things about your class, Professor," she commented.

"Really?"

She nodded, "So much that it's making me want to take your class. It's a shame I was never all that good at Astronomy during my days."

"Nonsense! I'm sure you'd be wonderful with a bit of studying."

McGonagall waved her hand, "I best stick to Transfiguration," she said before turning to speak to Dumbledore.

Remus entered the Great Hall, and Evangeline perked up lightly. He met her gaze and gave her a soft smile before glancing at Igor still shooting daggers at Evangeline, Viktor already sat back down at his table.

He took a seat beside her, "Good morning, Evangeline."

"Morning. Tea?"

"Oh, please."

She poured him a cup and slid it over to him. He added just the lightest splash of milk and one sugar cube. Remus took a sip of his tea and sighed contently before glancing at Igor across the room.

"Has Igor Karkaroff been staring you down like he wants to hex you all morning?"

"Afraid so," Evangeline replied.

He spoke carefully, "It doesn't... frighten you, does it?"

She smiled into her cup, "I think he's more afraid of me than I am of him. But I do think given the chance he would attempt to hex me."

"You don't trust him, do you?"

"No," she quietly replied. She buttered a piece of toast, "Then again, I don't really trust anyone around here. I don't like to let my guard down for anyone... no offense," she said, glancing over at him.

"None taken. I understand. But I like to think you willingly taking a walk with me in the Forbidden Forrest establishes some level of trust. But I'm also fully aware that you'd kick my arse."

Evangeline smiled at her plate, biting into her toast. Remus was eyeing her with a small smile on his face, knowing he was right.

"I'd like to take more walks there, if you're up to it," he added.

"Only if I can hold your hand again."

"Deal. You know, it's Saturday. Perhaps we can take a trip to Hogsmeade?"

"I'd like that very much, Remus," Evangeline said, turning away so she could hide the blush on her face. 

After breakfast, Evangeline walked into her office and was quickly startled at the sight of a tall scowling white-haired pure-blood supremacist that she put in Azkaban for two years standing in her office.