fifty-five

"I have been having trouble with processing how things have played out, I am relieved but I have yet to get a full night's sleep free of anxiety. I suppose I should be grateful I won the case and he's been put away, but that doesn't stop the looks I get when I'm walking down Diagon Alley. I am to begin teaching back at Hogwarts in a few weeks and while I am excited to be back with my students, I cannot help but wonder how this is going to impact me longterm. My darling Remus has been a rock, a steady crutch in the form of a lycanthrope whom has been by my side through the storms of life. He sees me for who I am and what I can be, I am lucky enough to call him mine. He is returning to Hogwarts with me, he will have his position back as the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor and I hear the students are elated. I am looking on the positive side of this all, my case has brought a newfound awareness to the less than tasteful side of power. Power corrupts, and witches and wizards are the first victims. I have more to say but I just don't know how to form the words, so I shall leave things as they are for now. I hope all is well.
Evie."

Evangeline sealed up her letter and sent it with an owl, watching the bird flutter away in the distance.

The letter was so be carried to her mother, whom had decided to move to Scotland. Several things were brought to light after the case, one of those things being Asteria's past with the Death Eaters and the Dark Lord.

Unrest was brought and the general public whispered more of the woman and she had no choice but to move, much to Evangeline's dismay.

But alas, she remembered that these were mere consequences to her mother's actions despite her forgiveness.

It had been months since Evangeline won the case against Damien and he was locked up, but the memories still echoed in her mind. Mary seemed to be more relaxed, her shoulders were more rested and she gained some color to her face. Things were good, and Evangeline had hope that it would get better.

She stepped outside of the cottage and glanced up at the cloudy sky, feeling light rain that raised goosebumps on her skin. Walking over to her daughter's grave, she bent down and brushed the dirt off the top of it.

She stood straight up and ran a hand through her freshly chopped off hair, and rubbed the scar that ran up to the back of her neck. The absence of her hair covering the scar was new, and strange.

She heard footsteps approaching from behind her, and she relaxed lightly when Remus wrapped his arms around her frame.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He hummed.

She rubbed his hands that were placed around her waist, "for you, my thoughts are free."

"Oh?"

"Mhm."

"What's on your mind, beautiful," he said, it was less of a question and more of a statement.

"We're going to be very busy quite soon."

"Are we?"

"School begins in a few weeks, with the case... I just worry parents are going to be upset," she started as Remus lead her inside.

"You got the popular vote from the public, darling. You haven't got much to worry about. I even heard Narcissa Malfoy was on your side."

"And Lucius?"

"I think deep down he's on your side, his pride is in the way."

"And the people who fills his pockets."

"That is true," Evangeline said as they sat down on the couch, Remus pulling her legs over his.

"You're going to be alright back at Hogwarts. So will I. And so will us," he said, rubbing her feet gently.

She sat back against the pillows, "I have faith in us, in you."

"And yourself, I hope," he hummed gently.

She sighed, "and myself I suppose."

He stopped rubbing her feet and shifted so he was laying between her legs within the blink of an eye. His face was inches away from hers, "you didn't sound too sure of yourself sweetheart."

"I mean..."

"I don't tolerate bad talk about my girlfriend, that goes for you too."

"You shit talk yourself all the time you hypocrite."

"That's different."

"Bullshit!" Evangeline said, lightly swatting his chest with a chuckle.

He leaned down and kissed her lips gently, "I really do hope you believe in yourself the way I do."

"I do. Truly," she replied, kissing him again, "and you believe in yourself, correct?"

"Well..."

She pushed him up and pounced on top, "I don't tolerate bad talk about my boyfriend, that goes for you too."

"You little minx," he laughed, his eyes glittering up at her.

She leaned down and kissed him, "you are the number one person I believe in darling. Don't you see yourself the same?"

"I've started to since I met you," he said, bringing a hand up and running it through her short crop, "I love this haircut on you by the way."

"You've made that quite clear."

"Though I miss having something to pull on..."

"You've found ways around that."

Remus hummed as she kissed his cheeks and all around his face, "I seem to be good at finding ways around things."

"That's true my dear."

He brought his hand from her hair and got a hold of her chin, guiding her back to his lips.

"I'll miss getting to fuck you whenever I want, though. When we're back at school."

"I have faith that you can also find your way around that."

He laughed gently, "you don't think Snape would mind if I asked him to watch my class while I bend you over your desk on your free period, would he?"

"Of course not, he's very understanding," Evangeline giggled as his breath fanned the back of her ear.

"Or maybe Dumbledore..."

"Leave Albus out of this!"

Remus let out a full bodied laugh, Evangeline reveled in the vibrations coming from his chest. 

He cupped her face as she rested her forearms on his chest, "I'll never run out of ways to love you my darling."

A/N:
HIIIIIIIII!!!!!!
I'm back! I'm so sorry for how long it's been, long story short my life has been a rollercoaster throughout these past few months.

I apologize for the time skip but I just couldn't get back into the groove without it, things will be picking up later on :)