eighteen

Evangeline and Remus spent every ounce of their free time for the next two days with each other, well, in each other. 

"As much as I've been enjoying you fucking the daylights out of me, I'm going to need a few days to recover," Evangeline said, chest heaving as Remus laid down next to her in his bed. 

"That's okay, sorry that I haven't left you alone. You can say no, if you don't want to... you know..."

"Fuck?"

Remus let out a light laugh, cheeks heating up from the heat of the room and what she said, "yeah, that."

"I'm quite aware that I can say no. If I didn't want you between my legs so much these past two days I would have said something."

"Good," he said, running a hand down his face as his breathing slowly began to even out. 

She turned on her side to face him, "so, what would you do if I said no?"

"Handled it," he murmured. 

She snickered and he glared over at her playfully, "why is it so funny?"

"I don't know. I can't imagine you finding a stranger to fuck but it's also hard to imagine you'd be satisfied on days leading up to full moons with just your hand. I'm just very intrigued, Remus."

He groaned and hid his face into the pillow, "I can't believe you're actually talking about this right now, and so casually."

"You don't have to tell me, I'm just telling you my thoughts."

He rolled over onto his stomach and laid his head on his forearm, "got off on my own, and no,  wasn't fully satisfied. Though after meeting you I at least had someone to think about, did me a little better. But the real thing is much  better."

She let out a laugh that made Remus smile, "you thought about me while wanking off?"

"Possibly. Is that weird?"

"It's human. I did too."

"Got off thinking about yourself?"

She smacked his chest gently, "no you idiot, thought about you. Though my condition is a bit more forgiving in that arena."

"Lucky you," he groaned. 

She propped her head up on her hand, elbow digging into the mattress as she stared down at him, "you feel better, though?" she asked a bit more gently.

"I do, thank you."

"Sorry if I made you feel bad about... you know, everything. I know you can't help it. And you don't have to tell me about what you get up to on your own time, again... I have a bit of a habit of making fun of people I fancy."

"It's okay, it's funny when you tease me. I think if you were anyone else I'd probably run for the hills," he said before catching the fingerprint bruises on her hips. 

He frowned lightly, smoothing his hand over them, "I went a little too rough on you, sorry."

"You didn't. I liked it."

He flickered his gaze back up to her, "you enjoy having bruises on your body from... sex?"

"You have a few on your forearms. Don't look at your back."

It was his turn to let out a laugh, "Merlin, we're terrible."

"Terribly good in bed, I agree."

He huffed with a smile as she crawled over to him, resting her head on his chest. 

"We have to get up soon," he whispered. 

"I know," she pouted, "can I... can I see you tonight?"

She felt him stiffen up under her, "I don't think that's a good idea."

"You're not going to hurt me. You've been taking the potion, right?"

"That doesn't mean something won't go wrong. It's too dangerous, Evangeline."

She peered up at him, sighing at his frown, "I can defend myself in the highly unlikely case that something does happen. I don't want you to be all alone cooped up in a room."

"I wouldn't even be able to talk to you. Besides I–" he sighed, stopping his words. 

"You what?"

"I don't want you to see me like that," he mumbled, "it's not something I'm proud of."

She placed her palm on his cheek, "Remus... I l- I like you. All of you. I'm not going to run the moment I see you as a wolf. I've seen much worse in my lifetime."

"Doesn't mean you should be seeing that. And besides, you need to be sleeping. Not hanging out with a wolf who won't be much company."

She sighed, tracing a finger over the scar on his face, "look, if you really don't want me there, it's okay. I won't push it. But I do want to be there, should you let me in the future."

"It's not that I don't want you there," he gently said. 

She dropped her hand from his face and wrapped her arm around his neck lightly, "alright," she quietly said. 

"We really should get up. Classes start soon."

Later that night, Evangeline was reading in bed wishing she could be with Remus. 

She knew why he said no so quickly, but she wished he would have at least entertained the idea. His worries were valid, but so were her reasons that it was just fine. 

She put her book down and looked out her window, sighing at the sight of the full moon on its beautiful bright display. 

A light scratching sound at her door made her snap her head away from the window. She slowly put her book down and picked up her wand, creeping out of bed. She put her ear to the door, hearing the light sound of scratching again. 

Against her better judgment, she opened the door. 

Nothing. 

She stepped out into the hallway to see if it happened to be students pulling a prank, but heard and saw nothing. 

But then she felt something brush against her leg, making her jump. She turned to her room and walked back in, shutting it quickly when she saw a wolf shake off a... blanket?

"Remus?" she gasped, staring down at the wolf.

She knelt down and beckoned him over, and he reluctantly did so. She chuckled as she brushed her hand over his fur, "or should I call you Moony?"

It let out something of a whimper, but not out of pain. She scratched his head, "what changed your mind?" she asked quietly. 

When she got no response, she snapped her fingers, "that's right. You're a wolf."

She stood up and crawled back into bed, "well?"

Moony sat down beside her bed, staring up at her. 

"You can come up here. I know you can understand me. Come, boy," she said in a tone that she would use to talk to an actual dog. 

Evangeline smiled when Moony hopped up on her bed, lying down at the foot of it. She shifted her pillows and moved down so she was flat on her back, "don't stay down there. Come keep me warm... not that I need it."

She heard Moony let out a huff before getting up, plopping down beside her. He took up a large part of the bed, but she couldn't bring herself to mind. She petted his body lightly, "I'm really dating a wolf," she said, mostly to herself. 

She caught the look Moony gave her, one she recognized to be anxiety. Even though Remus was a literal wolf at the moment, he still had the same eyes. 

"It's okay, I haven't run yet, have I?"

Moony shifted so that his head was resting on her stomach. She petted his head lightly, "goodnight, darling," she whispered, dozing off.