Chapter 8

Think! Think! THINK! My mind was shouting. How will I survive this? Will I even survive? Why can’t I think right now? Someone help me…

    I  decided I may be taking too long so I grabbed my heart shaped diamond necklace. It was small, with a shiny silver chain that glistened in the light. I put it around my neck and walked to Jack.

    “That took longer than expected. What were you doing?” I held up my necklace and he gave me a displeasing look.

    “I was looking so hard I missed it completely. It was next to my computer,” I lied. I kept my breathing normal and kept looking at his face. To be honest, it was a nice face. What the HECK! Why am I thinking that! He is a phsycotic murderer who is in the prosses or kidnapping you! I looked around the gray room to see if anything I might need was here.

    “Ok… what about your phone? Where is that?” I stared at him for a moment. It was in my bag and I don't know if I should tell him that or he would think that I was going to call someone while I was there. If I told him, he would take the phone before I could even call someone for help. He caught the look and his calm face turned furious. He balled his hands to a fist and stepped to me. I backed away in fear but he kept on walking to me. He grabbed my arm really hard, causing me to yelp in pain.

    “YOU CALLED THE COPS DIDN’T YOU!” Jack was shouting now and I was freaking out. He only shouted when he saw how the Landlord treated me so I was new to this part. I hated it when people yelled at me. Like I said before when the Landlord was yelling, it scared me. Tears came to my eyes and I was shaking. I was starting to whisper now. 

    “N-n-no. I… didn’t. My phone is in my bag, I swear,” I was crying now. I had never been so afraid in my life. The only times I was yelled at like this was when I was younger and still getting used to my step-dad. He would shout whenever I did something wrong. That was how he helped teach me how to do things right in life.
He walked to my bag and threw it to me. I was too scared to react so it hit me in the stomach. Jack didn’t say anything though. My hands were trembling as I unzipped the bag and took out the clothes, revealing what extra stuff I had. The phone was there so I grabbed it and handed it to him.

       He looked at it, turned it on and passed it back to me. I unlocked the phone and gave it back. He went through my recently called and texted. When he finished, he dropped the phone and stepped on it, cracking the screen and mushapping the case.

    No matter what I do, this guy is never going to change, will he? I whipped my face from the tears. I was still shocked so I trembled. I slowly got up and took my busted phone from the floor. The glass on it started to cut my hand as I put it in the trash. I was starting to bleed but I didn’t care. 

    It was hopeless. I wasn’t going to find a way to escape so I was going to have to go with him. No fighting, no struggling, no screaming, just walking silently and doing nothing. I grab my zipper and zip up my bag. Jack walks to the restroom and takes out a first aid kit. 

    He didn’t speak to me while he patched up my hand. I stayed silent as well. Except for the occasional small hisses of pain from the wound being cleaned. He wrapped a small bandage around my hand and took my bag in one hand and my wrist in the other.

    This time, the grip was gentle. I walked out the building with my captor and down the stairs. We reach the exit and I’m blinded by the sunlight. I had a small watch in my pocket so I checked the time to see it was eight-twenty one. We walked past a few tall buildings till we reached a part of the city I hadn’t really gone to.  

    There, a subway station was found. We are about to enter when I suddenly bump into someone. I looked at them, they were on the ground and I held out my hand for them to take it.