Chapter 10

I felt like freaking out. Stockholm Syndrome is something where a person will get attached to or love someone who had threatened their life like kidnapping. I didn’t know what to think of this. I’m pretty sure Nina the Killer got Stockholm Syndrome and still hasn’t gotten over her love for Jeff.

    If I loved Jack, would that mean I would have to leave my old life? I mean, he doesn’t love me back, right? Right? HE MIGHT! The way he had acted around me only proved that he may like me or was just trying to convince me to come with him to Slenderman’s mansion to do something. Masky said before that Slender wasn’t going to approve of me coming so I think Jack wants something to do with me. 

    But what? What is so important about me? I’m just an ordinary girl who has regular, everyday problems. I looked up at Jack and was fearful but I hid it with a smile. Did he want to hurt me or do something worse? Did he want me to suffer? What was this man’s intention?

    “So, did Jack tell you about any of us?” Jeff asked me. I shook my head no. Before the others could talk, I stopped them. They would have to know that I know to spare me from a long conversation the others on the train may hear. If they hear, that would cause a panic and killing spree for the creepypasta’s and I wouldn’t want the people here to be in danger.

    “I remember where I knew you guys from. It’s called creepypasta. I used to listen to the stories when I was younger. I don’t really need an explanation and I just remembered a few moments ago.” They look at each other and then at me.

    “Well… this is awkward then. I know it may be a lot to take in since we are killers but just know… Jack won’t let us kill you so your all good,” Jeff said. They… can’t kill me? They wanted to kill me? Or if they got the opportunity? Why was Jack stopping them? 

    Prey, that's all I am to Jack. Prey, a play thing, food, anything really to his possibilities. Heck, I could be his next meal at any moment. He wouldn’t want me cold, would he. Soon, he’s going to find someone else and do the same.

    “Masky, what did you mean when you said your boss wouldn’t like me here? Did Jack just bring me here and his boss was allowing it?” I felt curious and I felt I couldn’t take being unanswered anymore.

    “Yeah, he asked the boss if he could keep you here so Slender said that it was fine as long as you didn’t try to run away and Jack was going to have to take care of you himself. He told us about you and was going to make sure no one laid a hand, harming you,” Jeff finished his response and I was a little stunned.

    “He… cares if I’m going to be safe?” I asked. Maybe he did like me. But things are just going to get worse. He’s going to try and keep me away from everyone I love. My family, my friends and everything I achieved. Jack looked very red, embarrassed in what I asked and Jeff and Masky chuckled.

    “Yeah, I can’t really believe this is happening to him and you. I mean, he’s a serial killer and cannibal and we all are supposed to be heartless killers. I would ask him why he cares but last time he huffed and went away,” Masky said, grinning. Jack was even redder and went to sit over near them. I grabbed my stuff and put it where the other guys were. I set it under the chairs and sat down next to Jack again.

    We knew this was going to be a while so for now we were just going to sleep. I made sure to stop myself each time I was about to lean on him. Of course, that backfired. Jack took note of what was happening, rolled his eyes, and pulled me close to him. I was going to get back to resting but now I was laying my head with his, I was afraid of what was happening.
I started to drift off into sleep and sighed. As that would be the last thing I heard for a while. I felt too comfortable and tired to do anything so I succumbed to sleep.

            ---------------Time Skip---------------

    I feel myself being nudged by something or someone. I open my eyes to see Masky and Jeff standing in front of me. Me and Jack were still resting against each other. They point to the back of the train, indicating I should follow them. I get up carefully and put Jack against the wall of the train car. 

    I followed the other two to where they wanted me to go. I was confused on what they wanted but my guess it wouldn't be good if Jack wasn’t in this. A death threat? An issue about going to the forest?

    “What’s it that you guys need?” I asked, worried. They looked at each other, Masky looked a little mad… maybe concerned. Jeff… I couldn’t tell he had the mask on and his eyes were wide from no eyelids.

    “Look, Jack knows that you may be planning something to escape at some point when we get there. Listen… if you try to pull something, we will hurt you. We aren’t afraid to and it’s hard to imagine you winning a fight against us.” Jeff nodded from what Masky had said and I was hit with another wave of my soul being crushed.

    Stop! He’s a killer! A cannibal! Why would you even trust him if he doesn’t trust you! I won't actually be planning to escape because I knew the odds would never be on my side. I knew that I wouldn’t survive the moment I did anything.

    “Understood,” I say to the men. “I won’t, promise. I know I wouldn’t make it out.” the others exchanged glances at one-another and then turned to me. There was more to be said.

    “One last thing. Jack is someone not to mess with. He is a good asset to the team here so please, we wouldn’t want him to lose his touch in his specialty,” Masky finally said. Lose his touch? What was that supposed to mean? Make him weak in the head? What does he mean, ‘make him go soft?’ Maybe Masky and Jeff know that Jack may be taking a liking to me. I didn’t want to admit my Stockholm Syndrome to these guys. Who knows what they would do. I certainly wouldn’t want Jack to find out about this.

    “I don’t… really understand,” I said to the guys. “Lose his touch? Like in hunting and killing?” The guys nodded. Still stood on the carpet of the train and the air around us seemed to be thin. I looked around and everyone on the train was either asleep, or sucked into their devices. 

    “Look, we aren’t normally the kind of people to strike deals with humans, but here. We are going to offer you something you may be interested in,” Jeff started. “If we let you see your relatives and friends, you will swear not to tell anyone about us and you will stay with Jack. he wouldn’t be too pleased that his things went missing.” 
Masky looked at him and hit him in the arm. “Dude,” he said in a sharp whisper, “what are you doing! We can’t do that, that's against the protocols!” Jeff just stood there, thinking.

    “If we let her do this, she won’t run off and Jack would be glad she still stayed.” Masky thought for a second. Thinking about if this was a good idea. Then he nodded. I was relieved about this.

    “Thank you,” I say to them. “Thank you! Thank you! I won’t pull anything I promise!” Masky looked happy that I said that to them and Jeff nodded. I went back to sit down and Jack was still asleep. The others sat at their chairs and I felt tired again. 

    I really need to get better sleep. Maybe I shouldn't just listen to music. I didn’t realize I was leaning on Jack until the others chuckled. I wanted to get up fast but Jack would just wake up so I stayed in my position. The others started to lean against the wall and fall asleep.

    They looked like they really needed sleep. They might be overworked from the jobs they have. I felt a little bad for them not being able to get sleep but realized I shouldn’t be doing that. They are killers, why am I doing this? Because I feel terrible. I hate knowing that people are in pain but hide it. 

    They didn't deserve to go through this pain. Having to hurt others because of a random man making them. But this was their life. Not mine. When I see the others are asleep I feel safe to drift off back to sleep.