Chapter 39

I started to take a look around the lake and found nothing. Just my luck. I decided to start thinking about this better. If she changed her clothes with what I had, then that would mean she may have gone to the mansion! 

    I groaned and went back to the direction of where the mansion was. My legs were in pain from all of this. If Lazari was in danger and so were the others at the cabin, I had to do something. The proxies were fighting somewhat near the mansion so this would be a problem. 

    I came to the area where they were fighting and saw Jeff was just stabbed in the hand by Lucifer. She had pink, short hair, blue and yellow odd eyes, all black clothing like a sweater and skirt, and black boots. I swore she had Lulu's eyes. When Lulu was attending an all girls school, she was bullied so much it pushed her to run away. After she ran, she met Zalgo and he promised her that he would give her what she wanted. She took the deal and lost her eyes. Her eyes were the same color as Lucifer's and she never stopped looking for her eyes.

    Jeff yelled and started to curse when Nina suddenly popped up out of nowhere. She seemed like one of those yandere women in anime, holding two knives in each hand. 

    "You hurt my Jeffy Senpai… I will have your head on a wall," Nina hissed, starting to stab Lucifer. Lucifer started to run while Nina gave a quick kiss on Jeffs 'cheek' and ran after Lucifer. Jeff whipped the side of his face and gagged.

    "Gross! Simp germs!" Jeff yelled. I started laughing as I went back to the mansion. I snuck around and made it into the mansion. It was empty, not a sound nor a light was here. It felt lonely. I ran up to my room and nearly tripped on the flight of stairs three times. I finally made it into my room and saw where Kit’s stuff was. I quickly changed into her things and started to make my way down the stairs. I got down and looked in the mirror. I didn’t look too bad. Then again, Kit was a clone of me so we looked the same. I am just saying that I thought Kit looked nice then. But I’m lying if I say that I don't think she looks nice.

    I was in the living room and about to head out the door, when something broke the window. It was a stick of freaking dynamite that was lit on fire. The smell of gunpowder from it was strong and stung my nose. I grabbed it fast and threw it to where I heard yelling. The moment it hit the ground, it blew up. The blast was loud and hurt my ears. I started to head out the door and go to the direction the cabin should be. I was going as fast as I could without stopping until I finally made it to the cabin. Stripes and Shadow Lurker were already there though. I saw what they were trying to find when I looked at them through the window. The others must have been in the basement and hiding from them since they heard them.

    I was cautious and hesitant until I finally opened the door. Stripes was the first to look at me. I had everything on, from the mask to the boots Kit wore. Stripes had a fearful look on her face so from that I could tell she was worried.

    “I can’t find Lazari anywhere!” Stripes said. She was panicking while searching desperately for Lazari. It was sad to see. I would have done the same if I lost any of my siblings. I sighed and took out my bat that was off to the side from the door. Shadow Lurker saw this and tilted his head.

    “What are you doing Kitsune?” He asked. Stripes looked over at me and seemed even more concerned. She doesn’t know what I’m going to do. Compared to them, I am weak. They can easily kill me in a matter of seconds but I have the element of surprise. I have the upper hand.

    “I can’t have you attack my friends I’m afraid,” I say. I quickly run over and swing the bat at Shadow Lurkers head, hitting it in an instant. Stripes reacted fast and slashed me in the face with her claws. Shadow was seemingly unconscious as me and Stripes clashed. I took the opportunity when she just missed me to swing up and uppercut her with the bat. I was a bleeding mess. My breathing was incredibly off and my heart beat seemed to be slowing down. Stripes kept on hitting me and implanting deeper cuts into my skin. I felt like I couldn’t fight anymore.

    Stripes was about to slash me in the gut when all of the sudden, her eyes rolled to the back of her head. She froze and fell over. I looked up to see it was Jane and she had the PVC pipe in her hands. She must have knocked out Stripes. Jane extended her hand and I took it. She pulled me up and moved her mask away from her face.

    “I’m sorry. I should have thought about this better. I just hope that Mary is safe,” Jane said. I saw the sorrow in her eyes so I hugged her.

    “Thank you,” I said. She hesitated but hugged back. A smaller figure joined the hug and a few others did too. I saw it was Sally, Lazari, Sadie, and Lucy. Lulu came over along with them and Grinny was sitting on the couch. The hug loosened and I was left with the girls looking at me, not knowing what to do. 

    “We should find somewhere else to go if Zalgo knows where the cabin is. We can wait out this fight somewhere else,” Lulu said.

    “But where? We shouldn’t stay in the forest but that means we are at risk of being spotted by people,” Jane said. She was right. Leaving the forest is putting their lives and mine at risk since we don't exactly look normal. I mean, I do but they don't. After all, they are covered in blood and cuts.

    On a side note, the side of my face Stripes managed to gash was feeling terrible. I knew we still had to go somewhere else before Zalgo sent more of his goons to attack us and take Lazari. We also couldn't go anywhere near the fighting so it only left the option to leave the forest.

    I still didn't trust Jane after her reveal in working with Zalgo and spying on the mansion to kill everyone, but what choice did we have in trusting her. I had my phone on me so I could check where we should head so we weren't attacked. I couldn't do anything to help and I didn't have the paper to heal me so Jane or Lulu would have to find EJ's first aid kit. I opened Google maps and started searching for places nearby we could go. Luckily, there was an area we could reach that was only a few minutes away. I took my necklace in my hand and squeezed it.

    "We are going to head west, there is an area we can make it to so we can't be found and then, when the fighting stops and we win, one of the proxies will fire a flare gun," I inform them. "Jane, I'm afraid I still can't trust you enough so we have to make sure you don't leave. If you want, you can find your wife and bring her here so she won't be used as blackmail." 

    "Okay, I will. I will bring Lulu with me while you take the little ones to where we need to head," Jane says. I nodded as the younger girls looked at me, ready to go. Lulu went to get the first aid kit for me and used alcohol to clean my wounds. Then, she stitched up the serious and deep cuts that were on my arms. She wrapped a bandage around my eye that took a hard hit from Stripes. Once she finished, I got the girls together and was ready. I took my bat and we started to walk out of EJ's cabin. Please… please God… keep Jack and the others alive. I can't bear losing him. He's everything to me. Keep him safe, please.

    I gripped Sally and Lazari's hands while Sally’s other hand held onto Lucy. We were on our way to an abandoned house that was just four more minutes away. We were all on our guard and listening closely to what was out in the forest.  Before I could take another step, we were stopped. There, a few yards away, stood a lean figure. His feminine mask on his face to hide what he looked like, but red eyes that glowed were seen. This was Masky, but there was something that was controlling him. And if Masky was here, Hoodie was here too, hiding away.