Chapter 16

I stood there, probably looking like a fool. This was a little awkward as everyone stared back. Sally came to me and tugged on my shirt. Gosh dang Sally! Can you just wait for noon for me to make this pie?!?

    “Can you make pie now,” She said.

    “You may have to wait till noon Sally,” I said, “I can’t make pie for breakfast. It will get you sick and it takes a while to make.”

    Some of the others were snickering at the fact I just said no to an eight year old who is probably going to throw a fit. But alas, Sally was quite a good child. In the story it said that she was well mannered and was kind.

    “Okay…” she said, disappointed. I patted her head and smiled, causing her to smile back and be more ecstatic. She ran up to her room while I faced the others again.

    “So, your Jack’s girlfriend or something?” Clockwork asked. I started to choke on air and cough. 

    “Oh noooooo,” I said. “Jack’s just a friend. I think?” I was confused about everything. The man literally kidnapped me, brought me here, and started to act so weird. I think he is just trying to scare me for pleasure.

    “Yeah, we aren’t dating,” Jack interjected. Slenderman was silent but looked quite sturn (Don't know how but he looked stern). The others continued to chuckle as I turned red from embarrassment. 

    “What was the purpose of bringing her here then, Jack,” LJ said (Laughing Jack). Jack stood there, quiet as LJ waited for an answer. 

    “Umm… reasons,” Jack answered. 

    “Wow Jack, perfect answer,” Jeff said. Ben started to laugh pretty hard and same with Toby.

    “Well anyway children, we should start to get our breakfast ready,” Slenderman said. “Mrs. Victoria, what would you like?”

    “Just call me Tori sir,” I said. “And I’m fine with anything.” Slender nodded and walked to the kitchen as Masky and Hoodie followed to help the tall man make breakfast. 

    “Did you guys kiss yet?” Ben said. 

    “I will send you to Jesus,” I said.  

    “YOU GUYS BETTER NOT BE FIGHTING!” Slender yelled.

    “Sorry sir,” me and Ben said back. Everyone already went to the couch and started watching TV. Others stuck around to ask me a few questions. Some about me and others about Jack. I always felt awkward about it since Jack was around, staring at me. 

    “I don't know why he has been so interested in you,” Kate said. “Maybe it's a weird crush?” after a bit she realized what she said.

    “I mean, you're not weird, the crush is… I mean he is… I mean…” She couldn’t get her words right so I stopped her. I laughed.

    “No, I know what you're trying to say,” I said. We laughed a bit as breakfast finished and we went to eat. 

    Before we left for the stairs, Slender called me with his telekinesis or whatever the fridge it is called. 
Child, we need to talk. I stopped and stared at him for a moment. I didn't expect him to do that. I walked to him and he led me to his office.

    I believe that you and Jack may have a relationship in a way. Not the boyfriend and girlfriend one. At least, you don't want that. I can't have him grow weak, he is a valuable asset to my group. He sat in his office chair. The office was big with loads of books and documents.

    "I have heard from Masky that this isn't what you would want, Jack growing weak because of…?" I didn't know how to finish this. How would I make a cannibalistic murderer weak. 

    He may have a sweet spot for you in a way. Like, an addiction or something. I don't know how this is even possible, the writer is just madly in love with this guy, she enjoys reading wattpad stories about him and made this completely funny version since she was weird like that.

    "Wait, who?" I tried to ask.

    Don't worry about it. Now back to the task at hand. If this relationship is what is wanted, you two shall have it since EJ made our agreement. If I see anything that may cause him to hurt these members of this group, or even goes vegan, I will personally make sure he kills you so he would stop this. Understood?

    "Y-yes sir," I say. I exit the office, scared for what was going to happen to me. These people don't even care about me, they just follow what Jack says. The man is respectable, I could tell you that. Quiet, skilled, strong, smart, and has everything Slender needs for this group of monsters and nightmares.

    I go into the kitchen and look around. If I was going to make pie, I was going to need a way to find the recipe. My phone was smashed by some jerk, there was only a TV in the living room, and no one was around.

    I groaned in annoyance and heard someone coming down the stairs. Jack's masked face came into view as he walked up to me. We were a few feet away from each other. He didn't speak for a while as we stared at each other. 

    "What are you doing?" I finally asked Jack. He extended his hand above my head and I flinched, afraid that he was going to hit me. Instead, he stroked my head. 

    "Umm… this is… weird," I said to him. He gave a small chuckle.

    "You literally stroked me, gave me scratches, and snuggled with me, how is this weird for you?" He asked.

    "YOU WERE A CAT! HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW YOU WERE SORT OF HUMAN!" I laughed. We started to laugh as he got a little closer but I didn't notice. He brought me into an embrace and it shocked me for a second. I later melted into it and hugged back. He was warm.

    "AHA! I KNEW YOU WERE DATING!" I looked over and so did Jack, to see LJ. Clockwork came and so did Ben and Kagekao. Oh my gosh! Can I get one minute of things not being interrupted? Or me just being embarrassed?

    I didn’t really understand why he was hugging me anyways. Slender was specific when he told me about this. If I make him weak, I hurt him. I didn’t want that. But why? I guess I felt like I was growing closer to Jack since the day we met. I cared for him and his safety after all this time, and I think it was because I knew that he cared for mine.

    He let go of the embrace and walked past the others as I stood there, still red. I snap back and start to get the ingredients for apple cinnamon pie. Sally came to my side a little bit later.

    “Can I help?” She asked me. I smiled at her. She was really sweet and wanted to help me.

    “Me t-too!” Toby said as he rushed down the stairs.

    “Yes, of course,” I said to them. “Thank you so much for wanting to help.” They shouted yay in excitement as we started to make the pie. The sweet smell started in the kitchen from the oven. I felt at home.