Chapter 27

I think that these thoughts have made everything worse. If I ran away from this, it would be the end for me. Plus, EJ came  all the way to Atlanta, just to find me. Jeff and Masky warned me that if I did anything, I would be dead in a matter of seconds. I tried to listen in to see if Masky or Hoodie were going to say something but they remained quiet. They might be asleep but I couldn’t tell since they had masks on their faces. It seemed like I needed to figure something out and how I can get out of here. I am pretty glad I wasn’t able to skip this world so now I could see this.

    If I am in this state, wouldn’t that mean that EJ could be experiencing the same thing as me? He might have gotten out of here faster than me since he is smarter. I walked out and noticed there were only three doors left. That was weird, there were ten originally. Maybe I can only open a few. The ones that disappeared were the ones I just walked through and three other language doors. Now, only a Japanese, a Portuguese, and a Spanish door were left. Same went for the keys, only three keys remained.

    I knew I needed to hurry up so I decided to solve the doors first then enter them. I went to the door that was written in portuguese. a única maneira de escapar, é com uma fatia. Okay, really? I don’t know that much on how to speak Portuguese. I took out my phone and typed it in, hoping I would get a clear answer. The only way to escape is with a slice? Oh my goodness! How could I forget about Demon Slayer! It was part of the movie, Demon Slayer: The Mugen Train and Tanjiro was in a dream loop from the Lower Rank One demon and the only way for him to wake up was to commit suicide in the dream. It meant he needed to slice his neck or try other ways.

    I would have to open that door later and see what the other ones said so I could escape with the information I needed. I walked to the other two and read both. 13の心臓がありますが、他の臓器はありませんか?I had to pull my phone out again since I wasn’t that fluent in Japanese, I gave up on it since I couldn’t read it and also because it was way too hard. It showed that the question was, what has thirteen hearts but no other organs. No animal would have that many hearts, an octopus only has three hearts. I shouldn’t cheat at this because who knows what would happen. Think, what else has many hearts? Maybe it's not a living thing? 

    “No joke, imma just open the door.” I say. I slid in the key with the demon horns at the end to see if it would fit. And for some reason, I opened the door. I looked through and saw everything.

    "Seriously! That worked? I had to do the same thing the whole time when I could have just opened the door!" I shouted in frustration.

    It appeared that I was in some sort of mansion or maybe a castle. It seemed more likely to be a dark themed castle since there were black walls and deep slate flooring. It was hard to hear it but there were footsteps and people talking. I tried to focus on what they were saying until almost immediately, I saw them appear out of literally nowhere.

    Whoever they were, they seemed mad. I could only see their silhouette in the dimness of the castle. The voices appeared to be female and around their teens or early twenties. I could only see their silhouette in the darkness.

    "Boss would love this. Since Slenderman, quote unquote, lost his top proxies, then we have a giant upper hand with this!" The younger voice said. She seemed a little energetic but still strict sounding.

    "Well now that Masky and Hoodie were tricked into thinking that girl they had at the mansion was gone, we can move onto faze two," The older sounding voice said. She seemed to be very sad.

    "Cheer up Mary, soon you and your wife will be safe with our protection. She is doing the right thing to help you and Zalgo."

    "Thanks Stripes, I needed to hear it. The problem is, what happened to the girl?" Wait, Stripes? As in, the Stripes that is Zalgo's top proxy and his freaking daughter! She is a highly trained assassin that has a younger half sister, Lazari.