Chapter 9

The train ride was going to be long, that's all I knew. If it took more than twenty hours to get here by car (well, depending on how fast you travel in the car) then it would be a little less than fifteen hours by my estimate. My eyes wandered around the train, looking at the passengers. There were a few families. Moms, dads, daughters and sons. And there were just people looking ready for a vacation alone.
I hadn't really gotten any sleep. It's an issue I had when I was about thirteen. I would always wake up to the feeling of being watched and then would spend hours trying to go back to bed. The weirdest thing about it is that I always woke up at exactly twelve or a little over. There were a few times I woke up at one but it was mainly twelve that I woke up at.

I try to remember. Why did Jack seem so familiar? I felt like I knew him from somewhere, I just couldn't put my finger on it. Jack's head was still resting on me so I didn't have much time before I started to nod off. I decided that if I woke up randomly, I was just going to get my sketch pad from my suitcase.

For now I just wanted to get some rest. I looked around one last time at the people and saw a strange, tall guy in one of the corners. He was just staring at me. It was scaring me about his blank, wide-eyed stare. I tried to shake it off and fall asleep but I worried he was going to try and sit next to me while I slept and do something.

Yet again, I had Jack who could wake up at any moment and something was up with this man. He has medium length black hair with a quarantine mask on from when covid started. He wore a white sweater and light blue pants.

Next to him was a young man with dark brown hair. He had sideburns and dark brown eyes. I noticed he was staring. He wore a light orange jacket and gray-blue jeans. I was getting pretty uncomfortable right now.

I wanted to be respectful to Jack and leave him to sleep but I don't feel safe right now. I tapped him. He grunted in response. I started tapping harder and faster, still facing the strangers.

"Jack," I said in a whisper. "Jack, wake up. We aren't here yet but please wake up. I don't like the way these two people are staring at me." I finally looked at his face and he squinted, adjusting to the light on the train.

"What?" He asked, confused. He looked at the guys and his calm expression turned into shock. "Stay here Tori." I saw him get up and walk to the guys. He hung to the railing and started talking to the guys. I couldn't hear what they were saying but I felt they knew each other.

Then it hit me. Jack was a murderer and didn't talk to humans so would this make the guys over there murderers to? I shuddered at the thought. Maybe that place he was taking me was just a death trap and he was just leading me there.

Wait... I really recognise him. Who or where do I remember him from? My mind wandered and I kept thinking about where I knew these people. I couldn't have met them in real life, right? No. Maybe a story?

YES! I finally remembered! When I was in fifth grade, I had to sleep at someone's house that my sister knew. They showed me a comic dub on YouTube called I Eat Pasta For Breakfast. Creepypasta was what they were called. I got addicted to the stories about their past and the urban legends. Jack was actually my favorite. Wonder how I forgot my favorite creepypasta or just creepypasta period. In fact, how did I completely forget the one thing I had an addiction to listen to in the first place.

Slenderman was the first one I found because of my older brother back in twenty-seventeen. We saw sighting videos and pranks. That was fun. I feel old now. And I'm only eighteen. I snapped out of my thoughts to see what the men were doing. They were talking and laughing for some reason. I reached under my chair and grabbed my bag for my sketch pad. there wasn't anything else I could really do and I was bored.