Chapter 40

I looked around and saw Hoodie was behind us, still a few yards away. Someone came running over at quite a fast rate. It was Toby. The moment he noticed Masky, he twitched a bunch and ticked until he went running over to him.

    "Toby! They are under Zalgo’s control! You need to be careful!" I yelled at him. He didn't listen and ran straight to Masky, hugging him. He might have started to cry and muffled words were buried from his fast words. Masky didn't even move or look at Toby. Not until he took out his gun and pointed it at Toby's head. The younger ones started to freak out while Toby stood motionless.

    "Masky, put the gun down," I growled. Masky wasn't fazed and kept the gun at Toby. "Girls, I need you to move away so they don't hurt you. Whatever you do, do not jump between this fight." 

    "But we can help!" Lazari said.

    "I'm afraid that they won't hesitate to hurt you if you jump in and it is too dangerous."

    "Okay…" The girls moved over into the trees canopy while I readied myself with my bat. Toby seemed to be coming up with a plan in his head. If these were the real Masky and Hoodie, we couldn't hurt them. It was more than likely they were the real ones, and just under mind control.

    One of the good things is that Toby’s twitching. This seemed to be throwing off Masky if Toby was going to make a move and run off. Just before I could take a breath in, Toby hit the gun out of Masky’s hands and kicked it away. Masky had no problem with reacting fast. He started to throw punches and fight hand to hand combat with Toby. Hoodie came running over but I swung my bat at his legs so he couldn't run any closer to them. Toby may have had his hatchets on him, but he refused to draw them out and slice Masky. I made sure to pin Hoodie to the ground while Toby tried to stop Masky.

    "Just do it Toby, why can't you ever be strong enough to fight? You're the weakest one of us three, and for what? Why don't you just realize that you're a burden?" Masky and Hoodie said together in a demonic voice. It was deep and almost inaudible.

    "Don't listen to him Toby! You're not nothing but a burden!" Sally cried.

    "She's right, you're anything but that! You're sweet and kind and funny!" Lucy shouted.

    "You're the reason why your sister, Lyra died. She would have made a better proxy than you could ever be." Toby stopped and took a hit to the face by Masky. His left side frame of his orange goggles got cracked but Toby showed hardly any reaction. Hoodie took advantage of me being distracted and knocked me away. With lighting speed, I was on the ground. Toby was furious with Masky and took out his hatchet and swung at him.

    "D-DON'T YOU-OU EVER TALK A-A-ABOUT MY SISTER! YOU HAVE N-NO RIGHT TO SAY H-HER NAME" Toby hit Masky in the head with the handle instead of the blade, which would make Masky fall unconscious if he was hit hard enough. There was no effect from the blow though. It seemed Zalgo taking control of them made them almost invincible. Sally, Lazari, and Lucy were panicking now.

    "GIRLS! WHATEVER YOU DO, STAY CLOSE TO JANE, SHE SHOULD BE COMING IN A FEW SECONDS! DON'T LEAVE ANY OF US OR YOU COULD BE EASILY TAKEN!" The girls understood. Hoodie took out a knife from his pocket, ready to stab me. Why do I have to keep getting stabbed?!?

    There was a sudden metallic sound of hitting something. Hoodie turned around and stopped completely. Cadence was holding a skillet and seemed to have hit Hoodie in the head with it. Georgia was behind her with Annabelle while Rachel and Avery were standing with the girls, making sure no one was going to attack them. Annabelle was a very good friend of mine. She had dark red-brown hair, glasses, an orange sweater, black converse, and gray jeans.