Chapter 33

I woke up to the sound of snoring behind me. I turned over and saw the EJ was behind me and remembered what happened last night. I’m just done! Why does this have to happen and I am alright with it? The answer was simple, I am a simp. I get up slowly and quietly so I don’t wake up EJ because that would just be a jerk move. I got out and gave him a kiss on the forehead which caused him to let out a sigh in response. He might have not gotten any sleep since the dream coma. He woke up days before I did so he wouldn't have gotten sleep for days. 

    I checked my phone to see it was seven in the morning right now. I was a little worried that if I decided to go down stairs without someone they wouldn't trust me still so I just decided to sleep a little while longer. I got back in bed and started to close my eyes but EJ suddenly pulled me closer to him. I felt my face turn to a deep shade of red from this. I knew he was either faking being asleep, or he sensed I was getting up and wanted me to stay. I know it seems wrong, to just fall in love with someone who took you away, but I wanted more in life and maybe, this was the way. I never found someone when I was in school or  when I was on my own that cared about me like this. If anything, EJ was the first I fell head over heels for. 

    I brushed his hair out of his face and closed my eyes slowly. It took a while before I finally realized he didn't have his mask on. Why are you so stupid! Why would he sleep with his mask on! I buried my face in his chest to stop thinking and sleep but he just brought me closer instead and kissed my head.

    "Angel, what time is it?" He asked in a tired voice.

    "It is seven right now. I didn't want to bother you this early. You seem so tired right now." I kissed his forehead again and sighed.

    "I haven't slept in, like, forever." 

    "Do you want to go back to sleep? I could stay if you want"

    "Yeah, I would like that."

    "Okay, Jacky."

    "Seriously?"

    "Maybe… Jacky…"

    "Call me that again and I will hit you so hard that blood will come gushing out and I will have to lick up the mess."

    "Alright, alright. Just one last thing though."

    "What is it?"

    "I love you!" I gave him a quick kiss on the lips and he held onto my hand as I did so.

    "Love you too." He yawned and fell back asleep. I loved how things were coming back to normal. Well, maybe a few minor adjustments happened. Okay, maybe some very big ones that seem to make me feel like the luckiest girl ever. I heard my stomach growl softly so I decided to get up and get some breakfast. I got up and went over to turn on my phone and put some headphones on. My music was low as I grabbed some clothes for today. It was a black shirt with one of my favorite rock bands logos, Halestorm. And I grabbed some dark blue pants and an extra pair of underwear to change into. I went outside and into the restroom that was empty to get changed.

    I put on my clothes and turned up the volume to max of the song that played, I Want It That Way by The Backstreet Boys. The song was an absolute classic and just 🤌. I walked down the hall and went to the stairs. No one seemed to be up right now so I was just going to help myself to whatever was in the fridge.

    I came into the kitchen and opened the fridge to see what I could eat. I tapped my foot lightly to the melody and smiled. Hmm, there are eggs I can make, toast, cereal, or maybe a waffle. I'm going to make myself some microwave waffles.

    I took out the waffles and started to put them into the microwave that was above the oven. I started to hum along to the song until I started to actually sing along in a whisper. I was in the middle of the song though so it wouldn't sound like it was in the beginning.