Chapter 23

I am a monster! I am a monster! Why would I do this? I started getting shaking breaths until I balled up my fists. I let out a loud cry of rage and sadness mixed together. I didn’t care who heard me, I did something I would never forgive myself for. I started clawing at myself and sobbing. The black ooze came out faster and fell to the floor with me.

    I took her into my arms and hugged her closely. I felt a rush of pain from this. I lost her… she was all I had as a friend. She was light from the loss of organs in her body which only made me feel worse. I ran my fingers through her hair and tightened my grip on her arm, causing bruises to form. I sat there for a good few minutes, crying and blaming myself.

    How could I let this happen? It’s all my fault! I stood up with her in my arms and opened the door of the room and walked out. I went down to the second floor to Slenders office and knocked on the door. No one answered though. I got worried and opened the door, only to find that the room was the same but a VHS tape on the desk. I took it and walked to the TV, setting Tori down on the couch. I hooked the TV up to the video player and put the tape in, waiting to see what was on it.

    The TV accepted the tape and started to play it on the screen. It shows Ben’s room and he is backing up from the camera to sit on the bed. I am able to see some of the others like Silver, LJ, Jeff, Masky, Hoodie, Toby, and Clockwork. The others might not be in view of the camera but Ben appeared to be one of the people talking.

    “Jack, if you get this message, you will see that well… we left.” What? 
“You have been too dangerous, especially after killing Tori. You tried killing us so we don’t know if it could be reversed for whatever you were doing but this message is for when you realize what you’ve done. We can’t trust you to know where we are so Slender told us you have to be on your own for now. Maybe one day we will see you again.” I started to shake even more. I tried to hurt my friends and they left.

    “We are sorry for having to leave you. I’m sorry, but we may never be able to get back into communication again. We will miss you…” Just like that, the tape ended. I stared at the screen, panic taking over. I got up quickly and tried opening the front door to get out. It’s locked? I ran around the hardwood floor and tried other doors and the windows in the rooms.

    After about five tries on each window and door, I gave up. It seemed so empty and lonely here. I entered every room to see that things like toys, clothes, and books were all gone. I walked around the house aimlessly, hoping to find someway out of here. Out of this nightmare. I went over to the kitchen and saw that everything was gone. Everything like food, water, anything editable was gone from the fridge and pantry. There was no way to survive in this condition. 

    It would be a matter of weeks before I died of starvation or of any other causes. I feel depressed now, knowing that all hope has just faded away. I looked outside of the window, everything seemed so dark and gray. I took Tori into my arms and walked back to the kitchen, setting her down on the counter carefully. I had a limited amount of options here, and for starters, I would have to eat her remains to survive a little longer. But I refused to do this. I want her to rest peacefully after all I did to her. I trembled at the thought of what I did and how everyone is gone now because of me. I start to feel tears coming down my face, but I let them slide down.

    “What have I done?” I say aloud to myself. I tremble and squeeze my arm, eventually cutting through the skin and start to bleed. I hold Tori gently by taking her hand into mine and start hyperventilating. She’s gone because of me… and I don’t know how I am going to live like this anymore.

    “I just want to see you again,” I say to her softly. “I would do anything. I would let you see everyone you loved, I would stop killing, I would take my life for you…” I quietly cry and kiss her forehead gently.

    I have a whole scene of me tearing through things like the drawers and smashing things from anger and despair. I soon realized my words a few moments later. Everything I said playing repeat in my head. Take my life for you… I knew I was going to die anyway. There was no way I would skip this because I would just be suffering the pain of living longer and starving.

    I take a knife from one of the knife holder blocks. There were a few that were already gone but a few still remained. I took a medium sized one and ran my finger along it, testing the durability of it. It cut through my finger immediately. I sat at my neck but before I did, I took Tori down from the counter and laid her on me. I gave her one last kiss, feeling her cold lips on mine. I then get ready.
Five… four… three… two… one… "I'm sorry..."

    Slash… I blacked out and felt nothing. Darkness had sicomed to me.