Chapter 18

I wiped the tears from my face one last time and decided to find a vase to put the roses in. There was one, luckily, in the hallway and it was empty. I grabbed it and put it next to my glass angel. I gently set the flower and went to the restroom to wash my hands. I came out once I finished and went downstairs to help Masky and Hoodie out with setting the table.

    There were some people I haven’t met yet that I saw. They didn’t see me immediately while I was helping out so that could be good. One of the people had red, long hair, a white and black tophat, a light brown sweater vest, and black pants. He had a bit of black face paint on him. This must be Jason the Toymaker. I hadn’t really known his story so that made it easier so I didn’t have to tell it.

    There was also a black and white character that looked as if he was from Pokémon. He had black hair, a white hat, a white sweater, and the same eyes as Ben. The thing about him was that he had no arms or legs. He was just floating in the air. Lost Silver was from a Pokémon game with a place called Lavender Town. He spoke using the Unknown Pokémon.

    There was another one who was a black and white version of Link with the same eyes as Ben as well. His hair was white and his skin was gray. He had a black tunic and his boots were black as well. He was taller than Ben and his name was Dark Link.

    The final person there was… Jane the Killer? I didn’t really expect to see her here. She and Jeff were sworn enemies and I don’t expect them to forgive each other. She had a white feminine mask, a black dress that went below her knees, and black shoes. Her hair was black and long but I’m pretty sure she is wearing a wig since Jeff burned her and killed her family.

    I started to grab plates and set them down on the table as I heard someone clear their throat. I look back and see that Jane was behind me. She wasn’t holding a weapon so that made me feel calmer.

    “Hi,” I said to her. She was a few feet from me but I still felt unsafe from her. 

    “Who are you?” She asked me. Her voice was calm and very nice. She seemed to not be a threat of any sort from what I saw.

    “Jack’s, GIRLFRIEND!” Ben hollered the last part so everyone could hear. Nina was downstairs and looked at me and then Ben. She started to laugh a bit. Nina had a sort of high pitched voice.

    “I’m quite surprised he found a girlfriend too,” Jason said. Jason’s voice was light and a little gruff.

    “A mortal though?” Lost Silver questioned. 

    “Yes, a mortal,” Someone said from upstairs. Jack came down the stairs with his mask on as always. He had his hands in his pockets as he headed to the kitchen to help out. He helped grab some plates as me and him laid the plates out. The table was dressed in a white cloth and had forks, spoons, and napkins next to each of the plates. An empty glass was set in front of each plate, waiting to be filled.

    “How long have you been dating?” Dark Link asked. 

“About two or three weeks,” Jack said. 

    “Jack we are n-” I was cut off.

    “I think she was trying to say we aren’t so she doesn’t feel embarrassed from being with you,” Jeff said. This got me pretty mad at him. Why would he say something like that to his friend? That was just wrong.

    “Looks like someone is just jealous that I have Jack all to myself,” I said to Jeff. The others started to cackle with laughter as Jeff had his cold glare. Or, at least he tried to glare at me.

    “Look, I am not dating Jack, yet,” I said. I snuck the word yet in the sentence but a few people heard it and awed at it. We finished setting up the table and a few more people joined us downstairs. There were a lot of people at the mansion here so that would be a lot of pasta to make tonight. I promised myself that I would make sure that I won’t lose my temper or anything like that while eating if they start to mention me and Jack in a relationship. I was getting a little tired of people making fun of me and Jack or just saying it’s weird.