Chapter 32

Authors Note: I WILL SAY THIS ONLY ONCE! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SOME... ACTIONS. NOT THOSE KIND BUT IT ISN’T THE VERY BAD STUFF. You can skip, not much happens and you won't miss anything.

    During the night, I went back to my bed. The only problem was that I was wide awake the whole night. It was the fear of the dream loop coming back that got the better of me. I just went to my bag and started to grab out my sketch pad and colored pencils. I got my phone and plugged some headphones in and played my Pandora playlist. I sat at the desk near the window and set my stuff down on the table. Putting my headphones in, I turned my volume all the way up and started to think about what to draw.

    I hummed along to the song, Mountain Peaks by Stephen Sanchez. I had a giant playlist on my phone with songs by so many various people but the main ones were Stephen Sanchezs' album, Easy On My Eyes, and stuff like songs from the movie Belle {A anime movie}, and The Rare Occasions. I love music this much. I wonder, can Slender hear my thoughts when I’m listening to music above him or just in the middle of the night, I have existential crisis thoughts, then he would be in pain. 

    I started to draw small things and hum to the song lightly. I had to be quiet since everyone was either asleep or working. I couldn’t go outside because I was afraid of being attacked again and because the others may have missions out there and catch me. I didn’t exactly know what to draw so that was basically the worst thing in my opinion. It was like writers block, but instead for artists. It should be called something like… artists block. I checked my phone for anything that could inspire me to draw until I just realized I could draw a rose. Very cliche of you Tori, your very cliche. 

    I was working on the petals for about ten minutes and the drawing was decent.. I just decided to stop and drown myself in thoughts. Why are petals so hard to draw! Roses shouldn’t be that complicated to draw, it's a literal flower that I see everywhere! I’m hungry now. Is someone looking at me? Maybe there is a snack in the fridge. I paused and thought about one of my last thoughts. Is there really someone looking at me?

    I looked out the window and just saw a forest. Just trees, grass, rocks, Smile growling at something, and a duck. I put my phone in my pocket and walked to the window, trying to get a glimpse at what Smile was growling at. I could only see some sort of shadow in the tree. Vietnam flashbacks intensify, they are in the trees… should I go out there and check it out or just stick in here so I don’t get ambushed. It's like… almost midnight and everyone that doesn’t have a mission would be asleep. But if this is a false alarm and I tell someone I saw something, I am so dead because they may think I tried to trick them. Screw it, I'm just going to go and investigate!

    I went to the window and slowly opened it, feeling the breeze of cold night air. I put my legs over the windowsill. There was a small spot I could jump to below which was a roof above one of the other windows, probably installed to make sure light doesn't come through. If I broke it, I could just blame it on Jane. I jumped down softly and didn’t break it, sadly. I looked over and Smile was still growling and in the same area. There was still something over there so I didn’t scare whatever was up there away. Who would leave Smile outside exactly?

    I take a deep breath and walk to Smile. When he sees me, his tail wags but keeps his focus back to the tree. I ready myself and shoot at the tree and hit something or more over, someone. They were turned away from me before but now I could see they turned to my direction. I readied myself for a fight or maybe a casual conversation, but fear took over my body. I was afraid of what happened before when I lost everything. I didn’t want that to happen again but it was too late. My attacker lunged at me and I could see that they… were a squirrel.

    "Ah! What the heck!" I drop kicked it and Smile ran after it. "I'm going inside now." I walked away and tried to climb back up to my window but was stopped.