Chapter 4

A/N: Hey guys. It's currently Wednesday and I'm a bit under the weather. But hey, let's see what Troye's up to.

After this chapter, I will be displaying which POV each chapter. I didn't for the first five just for the fact of mysterious and curiosity. I felt like we got to know the characters a bit better without displaying the names. Maybe it was dumb and pointless, I don't know. I'm blabbing, I'm sorry.

Anyway, enjoy.

____________________________________

My heart rate instantly increased at Steele's question. My stomach dropped and I felt light-headed. How did he find it? I hid that thing damn well. I wondered what was the best way to answer without giving away the things I do to myself sometimes.

I barely even used it anyway. The times I did use it was during and after winter break this school year. That's when I had the anorexia issues and cutting issues. I'd be very unhappy with my appearance and I'd punish myself for it. At the time, it's the only release I had. Ms. Jones noticed the scars I had and guided me away from self-harm. She showed me a different type of release. Music. She showed me the magical effects it had on my spirit and on my actions. After she showed me music writing, I never held that blade again. Ms. Jones was the only one who knew what I did. She didn't even contact my parents about it. But, that might change right now. If I play my cards right, I might be able to get out of this without compromising my secret.

"Um...I have no idea why there's a razor in my desk." I lied with a actor-esqe confused look on my face. Steele isn't the smartest person in this household, but he isn't dumb.

"Troye, don't play dumb with me. I'm not clueless. If it's what I think it's for, I'll have to tell Mom and Dad." Steele said with worry in his voice.

"Please don't tell Mom and Dad, just let me explain!" I hurriedly said. "Okay, okay...during winter break, I-"

"Troye, just save it for later. We're still on the porch. They'll think there is something going on if we aren't in the house soon. I won't tell Mom, Dad, Tyde, or Sage. But I want an explanation." He said.

I looked at him with tears forming in my eyes. "Okay" I mustered through my crying.

"Come here" Steele said. I didn't look up at his statement, but I felt his arms wrap around me in a sibling hug. He squeezed me a bit before I wrapped my arms around him as well. Steele was the best big brother I could ask for. He wasn't at all like Tyde. He was way more understanding and way less annoying. He was my role model when I was growing up. He never picked on me or made fun of me. If he did, I understood it was in good taste and in a brotherly way. He moved away from the hug and looked at me.

"Wipe the tears off, we're going in." He commanded. I took my sleeves and wiped them across my cheeks to get the liquid off. He looked at me with an understanding look. "I'll come in your room to talk with you one-on-one after dinner tonight, okay Troye?" He inquired. I nodded a shaky nod and sniffled.

Steele then stepped towards the door and turned the knob. He stepped through into the open-concept living room, kitchen, and dining room combination. Tyde was on the couch on his phone probably texting his new love interest of the week. That boy ran through girls like fucking toilet paper. He was the man whore of junior high. Mom was in the kitchen chopping only what I assumed was tonight's dinner. Dad sat at the dining table with today's paper in hand and mumbling closely to himself. As Steele entered the door, I followed quickly behind him.

"Hey boys!" Mom called from the kitchen with enthusiasm in her voice. She turned from her kitchen position. Steele went into the kitchen and greeted her with a hug. He was just a very huggable person. He was probably that one guy at Coachella with a "Free Hugs" sign. I went into the kitchen right behind Steele to greet Mom as well. She threw her pepper-smelling hands around me. I threw my hands around her, too. Her apron reeked of bell peppers. We both pulled back and I put on a semi-fake smile.