Chapter 11

-Troye-

"C'mon Connor." I say, motioning for him to get up. He gave me a sneer, then stood up. We both walked out of the cabin together, following behind Tyler and Marcus at my side as well. We took a left down the path with Tyler commentating in front of us. "Coming up on our right is Cabin B, which is inhabited by Scott, Mitch, Avi, and Kevin. Their cabin counselor is named Jim! Jim is really funny and happy! You know one time we..." I eventually tuned out Tyler and focused on Connor. He broke down crying and gave me a hug. It was heart-breaking and warming at the same time. I didn't want a perfectly imperfect human to sob because of me. Then again, I got a warm, comfortable hug out of it. I'm just glad he understands that I understand him. He was so perfect just walking next to me. The sun bouncing off his face, His quaffed hair bouncing slightly when he walked, the way he walked, the way his smile formed on his face. Ugh.

"-and everyone laughed at him! Oh poor Jim. The things we put him through. Oh, coming up on your left is Cabin C! In there is" he looked down at a clipboard he had with him," Caspar, Shane, Alfie, Dan, and Phil. Their counselor is Korey, who is one of my best friends!" He exclaimed.

"Troye." I heard Marcus whisper. "Alfie is in there without Joe. I'm gonna go talk to him about what happened."

"Alright." I say as Marcus ran up the steps and into the cabin.

"Where's he going?" Connor asked.

"Talking to Alfie." I say, Connor nodding in response. It was pretty smart of him to make a plan to keep Joe away from him. I mean, I'd rather not get punched in the stomach 13 more times at this camp (which still hurts FYI). After a few seconds of walking in silence, Connor spoke up.

"Troye?"

"Hm?"

"How did you find out your sexual orientation?" My heart jumped a bit hearing that. I knew that I just had came out to him and I could talk about it all day, but...wait a sec. I came out to him. In response, his skin began to itch. I don't think he got the temptations just because it was coincidental.

"Before I answer that, why did your skin began to crawl after I came out to you?" I asked, making sure I wasn't sounding to forward or demanding. His face was now a bright red and he was looking down at the ground as he walked.

"Let's just drop the subject." Connor said quickly. I felt really bad. There is something eating him up, I can tell. I wish I could do something about it, but I guess we did just meet.

"Coming up on our right is Cabin D! In there is Ricky, Trevor, Jc, Kian, and Sam! Their camp counselor is Louis!" Tyler said excitedly.

I heard someone running up from behind us.

"Marcus." I said. "What did Alfie say?" Marcus began syncing to our pace.

"He basically said whatever creates the least conflict is okay with him." Marcus explained. All this Joe/Alfie drama was already getting tiring, and it's only the first day. I mean, come on. I already got punched. Although it was tiring, I trusted Connor and his plan. For someone who was shy and fragile just about an hour ago, he's already grown a lot. He's already shown his leadership skills. I wonder what else is buried deep inside this boy.

I looked right, past the boys' cabins. There was an open field with a pavilion in the middle and a fire pit. The area was about a half mile wide and a half mile long. Looking even farther on the other side of the camp, I saw cabins that were on a sidewalk, like ours. I assume that's the girls' cabins. So, the sidewalk makes a giant U. Past the girls' cabins was thick forest.

"Our final attendee cabin is Cabin E on the left! Jack, Finn, Felix, Ian, and Anthony are in this cabin. Their counselor is named Sawyer!" Tyler exclaimed.